Wednesday, February 02, 2011

The Journey ahead for 2011!

The day i found out that i was going to be this year YM camp commandant, the more it hit me to intentionally deepened my personal relationship with God. I guess its a responsibility where I personally believe your spiritual walk with the Lord would definitely make an impact to the committee and how the camp would actually turn out. And this was when God reminded me to really surrender everything to Him again and to really consciously make the effort to pursue that Holy life for Him each and everyday.

God reminded me to re-look into the vision that He has impressed on my heart so strongly once in my initial seeking of my Calling in life, dated back on 7 October 2008 at a Campus Crusade World wide day of prayer meeting. This was what was He impressed on my heart on that very day, “To reach out to the world, by starting with equipping the people in the church to prepare them for outreach to the World.”

The more i thought about it, the more I believed of the vision which I caught from the Great Commission during my campus crusade days. Being involved in a para church for those 4 years has definitely widen my perspective in how we should lead our Christian life. Somehow all this convictions has been deepening, and crystallized even more in recent days when i talk to people about the vision that God has place in my heart for this year camp.

Looking back at just the past week, I'm really thankful that God has led me to a like-minded assistant camp commandant of which the providential events that God has created has somehow made everything fall into place so nicely! And we are just so excited to take the next step into finalizing our camp comm and find the right speaker that has the same convictions as us!

Below is an extract from an article which I came across which i really believe in...

Jesus gave His disciples a commission (Matthew 28), and that commission is for us as well. Our purpose should be sharing the gospel with those around us, live a godly life before others (Matthew 5:16) says “let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven”; remember we are told to be salt and light. We are to work for the kingdom of God and for the betterment of mankind. Leading people to the God adds to the kingdom and causes men to be saved. The early church had this mind set, and they turned their world upside down.

Colossians 1:13 tells us that “God has delivered us from the power of darkness,and has translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son”. Jesus is the King of kings, and we are the king that He is king of. He is our King.
"THINK GLOBALLY, BUT ACT LOCALLY."... i believe that's what being "Kingdom Minded" is...

No comments: