Monday, January 01, 2007

MY SPECIAL 200 POSTS!!!! And EXCITING 2006!!!! (MUST READ ENRY!!!)

MY SPECIAL 200 post!!!! ....2006 The MOST EXCITING YEAR OF MY LIFE !!!


FINALLY!!! Its 2007!!! and coincidently its my 200 post today too! I got to say... 2006 is no doubt the MOST EXCITING YEAR ever in my life! With all the transistion after secondary school to jc(first 3 mths) and then to poly and then joining so many ministries in church and also in campus crusade for christ...So much have happened to me! I have grown sooo much spiritually,mentally and physically!

My life won't have been this exciting if not for that step of faith i took to go for that altar call to surrender my life to God wholeheartedly in my first ever YM camp on December 9 around 9 plus pm in 2005! And that was the first time in my entire life i actually can say i experience God being so real to me!And from then on..my Journey with Jesus Christ was a BLAST!
My whole personality change! from an introvert Ben to the more outgoing and and more extrovert me now! And my self confidence and character grew too! During that altar call session, i was like prohesied by a leader who prayed for me. I remember vaguely that he said.."i will start to evangelise to all my friends around me when i step out of this camp"...and my character then was like so shy, how to evangelise!.... and now thinking back to that time.... this has become so TRUE!



(January-March)
I spend some of the BEST TIMES of my life in cjc which i will NEVER forget!Definitely the BEST CLASS i ever got! 1T02 (class of first 3 mths 2006)!!! And my social life also improved so much suddenly! I got to meet sooo many new friends just this year alone! My friend contacts are like 380 on friendster now! see how much it grew from just like 20 plus in late 2005 when nicholas lim help me set up that account ! and i really enjoyed just making new friends everywhere i went. And u know what... i started evangelising to some close friends in cjc too! and my whole class knew i was a christian as i briefly talk to abt half of them abt christ. So u see... how God has change my life from this point! And really, it was REALY GOD'S PLAN for me to be here... bcoz the situations that make it possible for me to share christ to that 2 particuar friends which were really so perfectly plan! (i won't go into the details as it may make this entry much longer)
During this period, I also got back my O'level results! And by God's grace i did really well!...I also became a AYSGL for God's Clay, join the X-trainers and started the Purpose driven life mentoring by chin ee! And i was like looking forward to any big christian events and conferences... i rmb i didnt want to lose that fire for GOD! Fusion 2006 at faith methodist church was one of the highlights!



(March-June)
And then right after first 3 mths in cjc! I got BROADBAND finally!!! and then thats how i started being an MSN addict and started blogging! And then followed by MORE ORIENTATIONS in my new school TP! From The freshmen Orientation to the design orientation! It further broaden my friends... and like the prohesy said to me at the ym camp 2005 ... i also shared christ to almost any orientation grp i went... and then i came across CAMPUS CRUSADE FOR CHRIST... i was surveyed by irene and jess i think then at the TP overhead bridge abt 4 plus pm. And it was really God's plan for me to be at that place at that time, i rmb i wasnt suppose to be there if i didnt do something else! I began to be more involve in crusade... going for evey single LM and DGs and then my first crusade camp... the CIA CAMP! doing street evangelism! (see how that prophesy have came true...), other highlights during that period was more conferences for me! The EMERGE CONFERENCE was another huge event, it started from a simple convo with my city harvest friend from Tp on msn, and he invited me to their conference on the next day. And i den started to go for almost all their conference sessions except their sunday one, and by right this conference was only for chc members..but by God's grace i somehow manage to get access. And bcoz of this conference too was where Yong Siang(Ys) my famous blog hopper first ever visited my blog and became a regular after that. And then there was more events like PASSION AC and Global Day of Prayer!



(July-September)
This period was where i also started training for my x-trainer 10.5 km CHALLENGE run too! And bcoz of this i got to know keith better and there was this time after the run, vyan, keith and i decided on the bus that we should start a CHANGE MAKERS ministry in YM! If not for that casual chat abt ym... we wouldn't have started those jumping on sunday Ym services! If we really one to worship God this way... why not! Dun hold back just because u feel like a fool! You see David in the bible, he dance for God in his underwear! During this period i also went for more chrisitan events...like the FIRE CONFERENCE by Reinheart Bonke and paul baloche! More events like Festival of Praise to Reuben morgan of hillsong to the planetshakers concert! and then the many Campus crusade retreats,training conferences, poly summit. But the highlight of all was the wesley ym leaders retreat! That was the time where my spiritual life went to a whole new level ever since the ym camp05! And this was also when i commit to doing QTs every single day regularly from that day to continue growing close to the Lord. And right after the leaders retreat i decided going for Ym Gap after getting to know andrew lai. And just from that first Gap session i started becoming addicted to Gap and became a regular gapper! My prayer life grew tremendously because of Ym Gap! And i realise how prayer was so important!



(October to December)
During this period was where my spiritual growth kept on growing..after catching YM vision totally! and wanting to see YM REVIVAL! And then it was the busy december period where i went for soo many retreats from the x-trainer/combined retreat to my small grp retreat to YM camp06 and Metamorphosis06!!! This was how much i have grown spiritually! Learning so much this year! And getting closer to God each day.

To end of this special post i would like to THANK 3 people that i really looked up too becaue if not for them... i won't be where i am today!

First person! Chin Ee (My ex Youth small grp leader)
If not for her... i won't be co leading God's Clay small grp today... and she was the one saw something in me which i myself didnt see. It was 30 december after the Ym musical and
i receivce an sms by her...wanting to meet me on the following sunday. And that was the day she asked me personally to be the future Aysgl of God's Clay. I was REALLY shocked! as i didnt believe in myself..rmb i was the very quiet boy, always stoning in small grp time. So WHY! she chose me out of all the other ppl who had really good leadership qualities in God's Clay.... i was actually thinking in my head oready to reject that opportunity. I was so scared taking up that post! But a mth later... i was interviewed by joyce(head of small grps)..and i actually told her i wasnt sure. I was very unprepared and actually just reluctantly took that post. BUT! It was really God's grace... after a few weeks later... i grew in confidence and learnt sooo much! And now i'm confident in leading a grp. THANKS CHIN EE!!!!

The second person! IRENE!(TP campus crusade staff)
She is the one that has guide me soooo much in crusade. She is one of the nicest person, and best encourager i ever know! And one of those that i looked up to a lot! She will try to help anyone eventhough how busy she may be. She was the one that also chose me to be an ESM and also being part of the planning with the Servant team. And bcoz of this i got to go for so many trainings that help me become a better leader in church and crusade and i learn a lot from the bible too bcoz of her. THANKS IRENE!!!

The third person! Bo chun (My SM of campus crusade)
well...he is none other done my very own SM aka discipleship leader from crusade, he will always be there encouraging you and his dgs session has really help me grow a lot spiritually too. I enjoyed his DGs session and he is one person that will always pray for you. He will ask u if he can pray for you at times, and it always come at the right time when he do so. He will always check your spiritual walk and make sure our walk with God is good and he always offer to help anyone of his disciples, be it in their studies or learning the guitar. THANKS BO CHUN! You are on GREAT Brother in christ!!!




this is a link to my 150 post!... http://benlau89.blogspot.com/2006/10/finally-my-150-post.html

And end of this special post... here's my 2007 New Year Resolution!
1. To continue to grow spiritually with the Lord!
2. To go through my QT evey single day without fail!
3. To evangelise to at least 10 friends!
4. To read thru at least 1/2 of the whole bible from Genesis to Revelations!
5. To help God's Clay grow more spiritually and physically(by inviting more friends to YM)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.