Thursday, February 19, 2009

SALVATION is a TOTAL commitment to GOD...

SALVATION is a TOTAL commitment to GOD...

The more we let God take us over, the more truly ourselves we become – because he made us. He invented all the different people that you and I were intended to be. It is when I turn to Christ, when I give up myself to His personality, that I first begin to have a real personality of my own. - C. S. Lewis

I recently came across the above quote when I stumble across, Joelle's blog while
doing my precept inductive bible study lesson on COVENANT ...and not only does it relates to the bible study i was doing, it also strike right into my heart as I can fully relate to what that quote means! You can look back at my personal testimony for a clearer picture ...Click here...For a write up of My PERSONAL TESTIMONY

Anyways recent weeks, God has taught me so much about the importance of FULL SURRENDER to GOD...and FULLY OBEYING what He says...

If you have read #24 of my "25 things about me" post, it showed a scenario in my life right now where i actually had to make a decisive decision...
As some of you have know, I'm about to end my final year in TP design... and this 3 yrs the LORD has taught & revealed many things to me... and one of the surprising thing to me was I would have never imagine of me making a decision to do Full time Christian work at year 1... And right now,when I'm just so sure of where God has Called me now, there's this other side of being tempted to follow worldly desires...

And indeed that worldly opportunity has become even more tempting the more i do my current FYP project, although i need to THANK THE LORD that for the past 4 mths this FYP has totally been inspired from Him and He has blessed me sooooo much that i'm really so grateful for ...

And then the more I contemplate on this... i figured, wow i could actually possibly be doing this in the future?... and "doors" seemingly seem to be open for me! As my lecturers has commended on my work which i have never gotten such nice commendation in my 3 yrs doing this course! I'm also a little surprise when my lecturer actually recommend that i continue to pursue design in Architecture in NUS, which if I get in I can skip the first year and pursue this "prestige's" course which was actually my childhood dream!!! And with the NUS application opening now...my peers are like just go apply for fun lor! Who knows you might get in... but i was thinking...didn't i already commit myself fully to follow God's call?

And then today... God assured me in my Quiet time.......the Lord made me read back on 1 Samuel 15:1-35...

A summary of that passage was... God commanded Saul to COMPLETELY DESTROY the Amalekites... however Saul didn't fully obey the Lord commands... although some would say..well he "KINDA" did follow...he did destroy the Amalekites..BUT...he didn't COMPLETELY destroy them, he kept the king,the best of the sheep, cattle, fat calves,lambs and everything that was good...even claiming that this sheep&cattle was can even be use for a Sacrifice to the Lord???Sounds a like a good choice right? Well HE Was wrong!!!!


This is what the scriptures said...

1Sa 15:20 “But I did obey the Lord,” Saul said. “I went on the mission the Lord assigned me. I completely destroyed the Amalekites and brought back Agag their king. 21 The soldiers took sheep and cattle from the plunder, the best of what was devoted to God, in order to sacrifice them to the Lord your God at Gilgal.”
1Sa 15:22 But Samuel replied: “Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the Lord? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams.
1Sa 15:23 For rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like the evil of idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, he has rejected you as king.”

This passage thought me so much about COMPLETE OBEDIENCE to the LORD...and well i'm sure enough to say right now, that I'm willing to count the cost and follow my CALL from GOD...to lay down this self dream...for something i know God has been preparing me for whom i have a even GREATER PASSION FOR!!!!!! =)

And well, to say that obedience to the Lord is easier said than done... And again it goes back to what the Lord has been teaching me at precept on Covenant with the Lord. I can say right now i'm fully assured of my Salvation as I know the Holy Spirit dwells in me when, i made a decision to put on Christ and live in this New Covenant of Grace...as with this Holy Spirit living in me I can say that i have guidance from the Lord to lead a Life of Obedience... as True Faith in the LORD will lead to OBEDIENCE...

And that was not the only thing that i have learnt.... we had a Hard lesson about TRUE SALVATION from the Lord...And this question was thrown in. the teaching by Kay Arthur.."are you those who take the free gift of Salvation(just believe) & just walk your own way?"

Wel don't be deceive....its so much more than just that....

Just look at Luke 14:25-33
"if anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.

27"Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple."

STRONG words right? But not to misinterpret it, this verses actually is a Hyperbole which is to shows the COMPARATIVE between the HUGEEE LOVE that we should have for Christ, compared to our own parents or siblings! And this shows an exaggeration to show the extreme love for Christ is like even hating our parents or siblings!

Anyway OUR LORD DESERVED THAT LOVE bcoz HE FIRST LOVE US and showed us THE BIGGEST ACT IN HISTORY of mankind of HIS AWESOMEEE UNDESCRIBLE LOVE by Sacrificing his ONE and ONLY Son on the Cross for us all dying FOR ALL OUR SINS!!!! NOTHING can ever compare to that act!!!!!!!!

Another verse to consider...
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Matthew 7:21

Can we say that we will enter the kingdom of the Lord if we do not do the Will of our Father in heaven? well its very hard to say...........

Thus, something to ponder about is this statement that Kay Arthur shared, i'm paraphrasing it .."TRUE SALVATION not only is believing in Christ...but is having that FULL TOTAL COMMITMENT to Him!"

We NEED to first DIE to our self... and let Christ Take control! That is something i will need to re look in my life and examine closely...Can i say i truly die to myself yet?
That is something i will need to re look in my life and examine closely...as i truly desire to walk in His PERFECT Will each and everyday but, its really a FIGHT for my Faith every single day as we live in this FALLEN World.....remember we need that DAILY SURRENDER to the LORD!!!!

Thus we then need to continue to Work our Salvation with Fear and Trembling!!!!

If right now your shaken at what i shared?...this is something which only GOD can assure you...

"The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God," Romans 8:16

And that's one thing I really believed ALL "CHRISTIANS" need to be assured of! Which is their own salvation!!!

Anyway on a lighter note... i really believe that if we first make that first step of faith to surrender and let God take control of our life, i can FULLY TESTIFY and Say just like the quote above by CS.Lewis can be true for you... that this is when you will only begin to get your REAL PERSONALITY of your own...which is TOTALLY from CHRIST. And our wonderful Lord will guide us each and everyday on walking in His Will =)

The more we let God take us over, the more truly ourselves we become – because he made us. He invented all the different people that you and I were intended to be. It is when I turn to Christ, when I give up myself to His personality, that I first begin to have a real personality of my own. - C. S. Lewis

No comments: