Thursday, September 01, 2011

Camp Awareness Sunday

28 Aug 2011, is probably the biggest Sunday service for me thus far, as our camp comm came together for meetings as early as 4 mths ago to brainstorm & planned for this service to really encourage the youths to sign up for the year end 10th milestone YM Camp! Besides the planning of the service, this was my debut preaching at a YM Service too.

And as the big day finally came, God taught me a huge lesson on Trusting & Surrendering all preparations to Him. Started of a little overwhelm when was thinking abt the vario
us sequences of the service & as service started, I kept looking at my sermon script during the
A.I. & Pastor Ivan who was sitting next to me had to tell me to close my script & to just trust the Lord. And as I did that, suddenly this sense of peace from the Lord just filled my heart & I cld just worship the Lord so freely after that!

Looking on hindsight, being there to see everything just falling into place so nicely from Pre-service prayer all the way to the end of service, especially seeing everyone serving in their various roles so faithfully with Joy! Just makes one turn to the Lord in Awe & Praise to Him! =)

Seeing how the ushers serve the people so joyfully, seeing the cross-trainers putting much effort in making it an AWESOME A.I to start the service, to the band, sound crew,clicker, who put in so much effort to prepare for the service early in the day & playing & singing their hearts out during worship, followed by amazing acting from our 2 actors Eric & glenn who came early for rehearsals,than there's the 12 stones team all deployed with their cameras & the other camp comm members running around at the registration booth! And all the leaders doing their part in bringing their small grps together & coming early to pray for the service! This is certainly a shared vision to see everyone working in such UNITY to make that camp awareness sunday service happen! God be Praised! =)

Photos & Videos of the Exciting Service programme courtesy of 12 stones...

8.00: Preparations
8.45: Pre-Service Prayer
9.25: Crosstrainer A.I- THE YM CAMP QUIZ GAME!
9.40: Worship
10.10: Camp Announcements
10.15: Exclusive Special Camp Video & Skit
10.30: Sermon: SHINE FORTH- Light Up the World
10.55: Introduction of Camp Theme Song
11.00: Camp Registration

Atmosphere Initiative- YM CAMP QUIZ!

(Hans the host for the YM CAMP QUIZ!)

(Our Chairman praying for the YM Full Time Staff Team)

The Camp of An Altar call Scene, of a boy name Chris... See the videos for the flashbacks....

(Scene of Prayer Minister praying for Chris)

Sermon- SHINE FORTH- Light Up The World

(Made my debut preaching at YM about the camp theme, a message that is very close to my heart after internalising this message since the start of this year. Sermon Script here... http://benlau89.blogspot.com/2011/08/shine-forth-light-up-world-28-aug-camp.html)

YM Camp Theme Song 2011: Shine

No comments: