Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Selangor Mission trip (Part 2) 26 mar to 7 apr

Selangor Mission trip (Part 2) 26 mar to 7 apr
Pre mission Trip(sunday)march 25
Last ym service before trip!Left Design training camp for church!and it was a really good service!small grp time sharing was quite good too!AJ was sharin abt how he was chasing ghost the day before,& i jokinly told him i got CHASED by ghost instead!(the nite walk lor). And Englee felt that God wanted us to read the entire book of JAMES!and we so we read it,finish it in like 20mins!AND that bk really did ministered to lots of my small grp mates and me. It was a loooooooong nite that day. GLENDA wants me to THANK HER on my blog for that nite!and alot of things happen on that last day before my trip!didnt had time to blog,and onli packed my bag at 3-4am!BCOZ OF SOMEBODY lor!heeee!I WONDER WHY! =P


The Devotion that i shared on second day!(GOD WAS SO REAL TO ME !MUST READ!!!!)
For those who read my post before this trip,i almost cldnt make it for this trip as i was given modules for this mth at the very last minute.And was actually told by my course manager not to go for the trip. And to drop this modules is quite impossible! BUT THE IMPOSSIBLE HAPPEN! bcoz of all those prayers from u guys!and how GOD spoke to me sooo much testing my FAITH in him!
First God was soo real to me when he spoke to me abt faith on march 22 in my QT! This was some key points in my QT that day!

-If you want your faith in GOD to increase you must increase your understanding of him as the object of your faith.If you have little knowledge about God and his Word,you will have little faith.
-The Only limit to your faith is your knowledge and understanding of God,which grows everytime you read your Bible,memorize a new scripture verse,partipate in a Bible study,or meditate on a scripture truth.
-Believing doesn't make God's Word true;His Word is true,therefore I believed it.

"Faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ. Romans 10:17"

on that sunday! God spoke to me thru the book of James! in small grp time when Englee suddenly felt the need that we sld read it! And immediately James Ch 1:2-4 SPOKE to me!

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers,whenever you face trials of many kind,because you know that the testing of your faith developed perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete,not lacking anything. James 1:2-4"
And GUESS WHAT HAPPEND! on that monday i just cast my cares on God and left the trip not knowing if my letter to drop those modules was approved. And on that nite!I borrowed my friend hp to call back home and my mom told me that it was APPROVED TO BE DROPPED OFFICIALLY!!!!I was SOOO HAPPY! and I cld have a peace of mind for my entire trip oready! see how God really tested my Faith in him and he was so REAL and FAITHFUL to me!PRAISE THE LORD!

Some Funny stuff!
On the first day!when wen hao and me was making the bed sheets! I was wondering why the cover for the bedsheet was so weird & so hard to put together & at the same time wen hao was wondering why the pillow cover was so huge,and guess what!after all the trouble we went thru putting it together,we realised tat we USED the wrong covers! I was tryin to fit the bedsheet cover with the WINDOW CURTAIN! and Wen hao was using the BEDSHEET cover as the pillow cover!OH GOSH!how SILLY we felt!


Irene lost her handphone in the toilet bowl on the second day of ministry time in the campus!Everyone was more of laughing then consoling her when she told us!BCOZ even if lost handphone! WHY IN TOILET BOWL! how SUAY can she get!

Heard the girls were strangely fighting to sleep on the floor instead on the bed in the girls room everynite.


There was this once,was doing a grp prayer before pre-e. when jacq started to pray that the RAIN will not poured as we walk to cyberia,and SUNDDENLY "THUNDER" sound and it POURED IMMEDIATELY!!!And we cldnt help it but laugh at her lor!

Qiu yun was sharing something abt "follow".And the way she describe it and showed the actions was sooo animatic and EXPRESSIVE i was laughin like crazy!and everyone laugh so hard until michelle was crying and when amber turn to share she laugh so hard and cried too and kinda choke on her chewin gum!Its like tears of laughter!Amber was so amused of how all her life when playin angel mortal games. She never seen how ppl go thru all those trouble just to find out who their angel was. and even seeing MORTALS SCOLDING their ANGELS on why they didn't get them better gifts!was soo sooooo soooo funny lor!

31 MARCH 2007!(MY MOST MEMORABLE BIRTHDAY in 18 YEARS!)
A bunch of my team mates started coming in swarms to my room. wenhao was like wondering."WOAH!our ROOM is sooo cool!Like the major hangout place in the HOUSE!" i was stunned also.Like wads happening????AND DEN!THEY ALL STARTED Singing a birthday song to me!!!! I WAS STUNNED!SPEECHLESS!!!and they had a really nice appreciation session! And it really just brightens ur day!I FELT SOOO TOUCHED!!!!sniff sniff!And when they ask for my birthday wish,i was SPEECHLESS!
And that entire day was our first Relax and Relaxation day!where we went to putrajaya with the CCF ppl!Saw the minister state hse!We kinda appeared on malaysian TV on that day.when this guy with a video camera took us!and he said we will appear on malaysian channel!bcoz it was some festival there that day celebrating a key person birthday too,i tink it was prophet mohammud. Did a lot of shopping! BUT another HIGHLIGHT wasssss EATING "A & W" for lunch at alamanda!!!! WE WERE ALL SO HAPPY!!!! imagine for more than 10 yearssssssss! I MISS MY FAVOURITE FASTFOOD! Miss that CONEY DOG!CURLY FRIES!ICE CREAM WAFFLES!!!!YUMMMY!!!!!!=P
and another thing made my day! we followed the CCF ppl to their church all the way a 30 mins drive down. To this church called City Disciplship Presbyterian Church!AND SO COINCIDENTLY! My uncle from malaysia called my name! and in a SURPRISE, i turn and saw him! DEN I SAW MY COUSIN WEE LERN! cldn't find wee lee on that day, but saw him a week later on good friday service. I mean HOW SMALL CAN THE WORLD BE! always telling my friends what a small world singapore is,bcoz like ppl u see friends friends all noe each other.BUT this time! ITS REALLY REALLY SUCH A SMALL SMALL WORLD! Out of all the churches in MALAYSIA! Its the very sameeee church as my cousins there!SO COOL! And their Youth service was the BOMB! I didnt expect it to be that hype at first. FIRST SONG was ONE WAY!Followed by another jumpy hillsong united song THE TIME HAS COME! and a bunch of us singaporeans were jumping in their church service! it was soooooo cool!and all the songs they played was sooo meaningful! Really was immersed in their worship!!!! what a service! And it was really good to end my birthday with a SCRUMPTIOUS Dinner after church with the CCF ppl!


THE MOZZIES WAR!
I have gotta say! IN ALL MY LIFE! I have NEVER been attack by soooo many mosquitoes before! DAY2-4 had some attacks! BUT ON DAY 5 was the LAST STRAW! I rmb at like 3 am! Asriel,wen hao and me could really FEEL TSUNAMIS OF MOSQUIOES SHOOTING DOWN AT US LIKE KAMIKAZEES and MISSLES!and literally u cld seee the SWARMS of them!I was sufferin the entire nite and the next mornin i woke up! i had a swell on my right arm with like more than 10 plus mosquitoes bites on each arm,hands,fingers!20 plus bites on my legs!And i'm not exaggerating!I really counted all the bites! IT WAS THAT BAD!
DAY 6! TIME FOR WAR against the mozzies! We did a mass cleaning to our FILTHY room!only now den decided to use the mosquitoe coil!And it kinda work!
DAY 7! THIS TIME Asriel made 2 more coils!won the battle again!
DAY 9! We when on a full force battle! HAD 3 mosquitoe coils this time! AND OUR ROOM WAS filled with smoke, like some gambling den! BUT its worth the sacrifice, and we WON THE MOSQUITOES FLAT!


SHARING THE GOSPEL! (it was really God's DIVINE APPOINTMENT for me to share the gospel to this ppl)
We got a lot of contacts on the first 2 days! Shared the gospel with kok boon,James,shyen ming den to this coffeeshop cashier boy(we see him almost everyday at the cafe, his a muslim that was very open to my sharing on DAY12 Midnite! when i tot ministry time in this mission trip was all over and i cld enjoy spendin the nite playing games! but i was wrong, instead i suddenly got sooo many opportunities to share the gospel,followed by bernard and yukie soon after at like 2 am oready!I really talk like 2-3hrs with them in the early hrs at the coffeeshop near where we stayed on the LAST NITE before we set off home!(i onli JUST realise as i type this that wad happen on the last nite was actually GOD'S answered pray for me!when we were prayin the nite before for the easter event, i requested specifically the chance to share the gospel, and INDEED GOD ALLOWED that to happen! and thru out the entire trip it was till the very last day where i actually got so much chance to do so one after another! And it was really God's perfect plan on how i actually got the chance to really actually went into the topic abt Christ. I was quite shocked to actually find out thru the surveys that alot of ppl there dunno wads Easter is abt!


3 major HIGHLIGHTS of mission trip,barnabas project,Pre E dinner and EASTER SPECIAL!!
Barnabas project was where we peformed for the CCF ppl and got them something for their LM!
Pre E dinner! was one huge success! from all those surveys in campus and at the cyberia blocks! it really paid off with a huge attendence. I started to use my "High I"personality in this event.We had to like mingle with alot of ppl and talk to them!


EASTER SPECIAL WAS A SUCCESS!!! Many of our contacts came. And many heard the gospel for the first time through our skit,video and testimony.The skit was directed by Zhong Kai and Michelle,one of the highlights which was about this boy benji who has a perfectionist character. He is a design student who overworks himself and he don't really appreciate his dad. And even in school despite his teacher always praising his work. He still feel its not good enough. When he grew up he did an illegal deal to sell his design. Got drunk,started smoking and then got in a fight in a pub. He found his life was in a MESS! When he got home,he found a gift left of from his dad who passed away. And it was quite a sad skit followed by the team hoyt video. This skit and video was portraying whats true FATHER LOVE is,despite all the times benji's dad cared for him,he just ignored his dad. This is like God's Love to us, where he will always LOVE us despite some of us still ignoring him. The crowd enjoyed the skit! Could really hear their laughter during the skits!This was followed by Zhong Kai sharing his testimony. After that we close of with a song,"Love Song For A Saviour", by Bo Chun,Jacq and Wen Hao. This song actually ministered to a lot of the people who came. The seed was planted in many of the lives of these pre-believers and really pray that it will grow in them and in the future will accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. And there was one who recieved Christ on that day. PRAISED THE LORD!

A FINAL THANKS GIVING TO ALL!
I really gotta say a BIG THANKS to my entire mission team! I have never seen so much ppl offering help to one another everday!And it was very warm feeling with them!REALLY BONDED WELL WITH EVEYONE!!!!
Secondly, I wanna thank the Chinese Christian fellowship(CCF) ppl! U guys ROCK! U all were so hospital!I wanna thank by name to VINCE(u really made me feel comfortable,like those nice conversations abt MAN UTD!,JC(u really showed me ur passion in remembering ALL our names) and AH FAI(if not for u we wont hav the club hse to bath in). I cld really see God working in you ppl!
And to all my contacts out there i made in MMU! like mainly kok boon,rommel,james,shyen ming and sooo much more i got to know thru my other team mates. REALLY THANK YOU for all ur time! REALLY miss u guys! and somehow i miss that unit in Cyberia too! sighhh...

THANKS EVERYONEEEE IN MMU!!!!!!!!!

SOME PHOTOS I TOOK! Got many moreeeee photos to come in future post!....

(wenhao and jacob trying to zap a bug with that mosqitoe swatter!OUR FAVOURITE TOO!)

(All the birthday gifts and encouragement cards i got during the trip!SO TOUCHED)


(Bo chun pandas! and joel "beanie")

("PAINTS" playin the thumb guessing game on the van back home from church,wenhao lost 3 times in a row out of 3rounds)

(the DELICIOUS A & W fooooooood!miss that food lor!more than 10 years without it!)
(the ice cream waffle was the bomb!)


(the swings we played!WE AL ENJOYED THIS!Even JACOB!An RP Facilitator!)


(wenhao,jacq and bo chun singing the song "Love song for a savoir")



(the Easter special skit..i drew that tree and abit of the distorted snoopy which yuki had to make it more distorted to look like a children drawing)

(the Easter Special design i did! Cld use my interior design skills into use)


(Our last breakfast with the CCF ppl on the last day!)

(the last scene of CYBERIA!the place we stayed for 13 days!)

(The contacts we made!ALL those sticker pads had the names and contacts we surveyed!we madee 143 contacts on day1 aloneee!dunno final statistic thru out 13 days)

(our SUPER CLEAN ROOM on last day!THANKS to my roomates Asriel and Wenhao!we did a mass cleaning on day 12.YOU sld see HOW MESSY IT WAS before!Must get a pic of it soon)





(All our bags at Times Square mall at KL before we set off on the bus ride back)

No comments: