Sunday, March 24, 2013

Wesley YM Sec 1-3 Camp 2013 (22-24 Mar)

My beloved OLIVES Camp group!
WORD MADE FRESH!

Back from yet another camp again! This time probably my last Wesley YM Sec 1-3 Camp before I start theological studies for the next few years! Looking back the last 3 days. Despite going for countless of camps and retreats since I started being a full time youth worker. Yet again, I'm so encouraged after each camp at how it has been yet another milestone for so many youths.

Especially on the last night of this camp, when I actually unknowingly stumbled across to see all the J1s from my youths batch coming together on their own to just share and encourage each other. Even when one of them shared how exactly 2 years ago, at this same place, we were all gathering to share as a ysg, and I didn't recall that I actually casually remark that he could be a leader at one of the sec1-3 camps in the future,and now it has actually become a reality for him where he is actually serving as a CGL.

And what a way to end the camp, when one of my sec 1 youth sent me a really long heartfelt text message after we broke camp at how he didn't share at the group time, but God actually touched him in a very special way for the first time in his life. And that really just highlighted this camp experience for me. And is probably the most encouraging thing to hear from any mentor to know that their youths have actually encountered God in their own personal & special way! :) 

No comments: