Tuesday, March 24, 2009

D-SHOW of the YEAR!.. Temasek Design Show 26-31 March@Temasek Convention Centre!

D-SHOW of the YEAR!... Temasek Design Show 26-31 March@Temasek Convention Centre!

After 3 years of my life in Temasek Design School(TDS)... it has all come down to our last Design showcase!!!

This 3 years in TDS, has definitely taught me a lot! As cliche as it sounds, i definitely grew a lot in character dealing thru the different situations we are all put in, going thru late nights, having fun at the studio with coursemates(espeically the late nites! & The "ghost" encounter in year 1! haha! i will never forget that night!), running at bedok reservior, going thru all those crits and last of all making a lot of good friends in TP & TDS...

Looking back, this design school is really one school with a bunch of TALENTED & CREATIVE students & lecturers all in one place! Being in this environment really helps one in getting those creative juices out & it sure has benefited me a lot! As i see how my project works has change from year 1 to year 3... it gives me this contenment...especially after my Internship at White Space Living company where i grew the most with all those exposure of what the real working world is like! And right after that my design sense has changeee so much and it aid me alot in all my year 3 works getting more A's and especially the process of my FYP!

And yes, at the end of the day, I still owe it all to the LORD for i won't have even got my FYP started if the LORD did not inspire me what to do! =)

Another thing to note, which have been on my mind all these while... with this showcase mainly for us to get our future employers contacts, its something hard for me to fully be part of, as i know for sure God has called me to pursue that Full time christian work calling once i'm out of NS, most probably to do seminary.

So working as a designer in the future is something i really do not know now? Maybe the most only to work as a freelance to earn some money for seminary? I really do not know yet... all i know is ... no matter what... i'm going to pursue the Calling that God has called me to do & make the most of my youthful days in search of the Lord & preparing for His work!

But well i would say this 3 years in TDS is not to waste although im not pursueing this career path as i definitely have learnt a lot both technically and the creativity aspect which i can definitely hope to use in my future ministry somehow... =)

Click here for My TDS online Portfolio


(all readers you are all invited to my design show! Let me know when if you are coming! =) )

No comments: