Saturday, January 01, 2011

2010 REFLECTIONS... & 2011 NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS!

Reflections of 2010

2010, certainly has been a really happening year...going on 2 overseas training exercises and Commissioning as an Officer in the SAF on 19 June 2010. And starting my new NSF tour as a platoon commander in a unit. Besides that, got to complete an 21km Army Half Marathon in September followed by one of my life time to do list, which was completing a FULL MARATHON, and i actually did it in 5 December 2010, completing the Singapore Standard Chartered 42.125km marathon in 5 hrs and 1 min with hardly any training. At the end of the day, i wld say 2010, sure has been an exciting year! Definitely seeing how God move in my time in army as well as in my sec 2 grp.

My NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS of 2010!!!


1. To grow CLOSER and MORE DEEPER and SPIRITUALLY with the Lord! (Well i believe so)
2. To go into FAITH adventures with the Lord where i have never been before!
(Well i believe so)
3.To reach out to at least 15 friends! (Yes! A lot of opportunities came by this year in the army)
4. To COMMISSION as a SIGNAL OFFICER!!!! (YESSSSSSS!)
5. To lead my sec 2 grp (G.E.L) to be closer to the Lord!..
(YESSSSSSS!)
6. To see the Tchoukball ministry in Wesley Ym grow!
(YESSSSSSS!)
7. To see my small grp God's Clay and Crosstrainers mature more in Christ!
(YESSSSSSS!)
8. To continue to live each day with the JOY OF THE LORD! =)
(YESSSSSSS!)

Well I guess most of my new year resolutions in 2010 has somewhat been met! Especially doing a full marathon which i never imagine doing it this year initially.

Here comes my New Year Resolutions for 2011...

1. To grow CLOSER and MORE DEEPER and SPIRITUALLY with the Lord
2. To go into FAITH adventures with the Lord where i have never been before!

3. To reach out to at least 15 friends!
4. To get a Driving License!
5. At least get a B grade for my Company Tactics Course (CTC)
6. To spend more time with my sec 3 grp (G.E.L) , and to bring them closer to the Lord & plan a small grp retreat for them!
7. To take my first step into full time ministry in church!

8. To see the Tchoukball ministry in Wesley Ym grow!

9. To see my small grp God's Clay
growing closer together & deeper through the Word.
10. To continue to live each day with the JOY OF THE LORD! =)


My goal of the year 2011 would be...
" I want to live my life WORTHILY of my Calling for Christ!"

3 comments:

Neil said...

Hi Ben,
You have some great and worthy New Year's Resolutions!

My major resolution is to begin my own Christian blog.

In the blog I will be posting the complete text of my book, "Letters from Home, Our Father's Message of Love" in consecutive excerpts twice a week. I would love it if you could visit and see what you think!

May our Father bless you richly this year as you continue to work for Him,
Neil

- -
www.LookingTowardsHome.com

Benjamin said...

Hi Neil!

Thanks for the encouragement!
Btw jsut curious, how did you come to stumble across my blog?

Yea i will definitely do visit your blog too! =)

God Bless!

Ben Lau

Neil said...

Hi Ben,
I came across your blog whilst searching for "Christian New Year Resolutions"!
All the best,
Neil

- - -
www.LookingTowardsHome.com