Thursday, April 28, 2011

Round 1 of Right side Wisdom Teeth extraction

21 April 2011- Dental FFI @ Kranji Medical Centre (Thursday)
Went for my ORD Dental FFI, and in that short look by the dentist, she told me that i had a wisdom tooth showing... that same day, i called up Alexander Hospital after a recommendation from a friend. And soon manage to get an appointment the following week!

25 April 2011- Referral from Hougang Polyclinic (Monday)
At it was a monday morning right after the easter holiday, it was packed with people! WAITED 6 hrs for a 1 min consultation with the doctor to get a referral letter so that i can claim for my wisdom tooth operation by my 11B.

26 April 2011- (Tuesday)
Headed for my consultation with this Dr Baldev Singh at 1230. Found out that I had 2 x horizontal impacted wisdom tooth on my bottom sides & 2 x Vertical wisdom tooth on my top 2 sides from the X-Ray. There & den after a bit of reluctance, i decided to go ahead with the operation as didnt wanna risk in the future when i get older and pay $1000 per tooth according to him. So book an appointment the next day

27 April 2011- (Wednesday)
1530 waited for my Surgery to commence. Went in about 1600, was injected with local anesthesia, surprisingly the 4x injections werent really as stingy as i thought and my right cheek soon became super NUMB. At 1610, the operation commences and i just did a short prayer & committed to whole operation to the Lord. And soon the WAR BEGAN in my mouth! It sure was quite a surreal experience like a war zone going on as the surgeon pull, drill, cut & push so hard that i can feel my headd being depressed to the head rest at moments! Phew! By 1625, the operation was over! And surprisingly it wasnt as bad as i thought, as it was just numb and bloody.


(The Large full tooth is my upper right wisdom tooth, and the 4 smaller pieces is my lower right wisdom tooth, the first one is when the blood stains were still there & the second picture is when its been wash, didnt know it was sooo huge!)
1900- The Local Anesthesia suddenly died!
And when i thought everything was going well, the extremely uncomfortable pain on my right jaw started to kick in pretty bad!

I immediately TRIED SO HARD to consume my porridge which my mom cook, SUFFERING LIKE MAD so that i can take the steroids & anti infection pills. And By 1920, i finally manage to take my pills!

By 2030 the blood was oozing out so much still and the pain was not getting any bearable even with an icepack to my right check & a teabag with gauze around in my mouth. And then i reluctantly decided i MUST take the Stronger pill which they gave too, but only if the pain persist. And after taking it, i took a bath. And by 2100, the pain started to subside slowly by surely. And by 2200. I was almost much much better! Phewww!

28 April 2011 (Thursday)

Post recovery time.. now my right cheek is swelling like a bunch of mash-mellows in my mouth & heard it will grow even bigger in the next 48 hrs! Sighh... hope it gets better by the weekend!


(Looks like this next 2 weeks will be eating Soft/liquid food! Please suggest more delicious such food to me so i can get them and indulge myself! =) )

Next Wisdom Tooth Operation on my left side for ROUND 2 on 4 April 2011! Now will definitely be much prepared! And will faster consume my dinner, the painkillers & steriods before the pain kicks in when the Local Anesthesia(LA) dies off! LA is now my best friend!!!!! =)

1 comment:

Aurea Robillard said...

Wisdom tooth removal is one of the most painful things you'll get to experience in your entire life. Therefore, before getting into such an operation, you must be prepared. You've gotta have the BEST dentist to take care of you and your teeth.