Thursday, September 08, 2011

Army Half Marathon 2011 (4 Sep 2011)

Completed my second half marathon last Sunday after deciding to sign up for it earlier in the year to motivate myself to continue running at a regular basis after my ORD.

And wells, contented & enjoyed this run, improving my timing by 3mins from last year AHM, of 2 Hrs 10 mins to this year 2 hrs 7 mins. And although I wasn't as fit as last year due to the compulsory run mileage we had to clock in the army. Still had a decent timing with the minimum runs I did & good thing didn't get a cramps like in my full marathon! Phew! Was sooo cautious that I decided to stop for 5mins just to do some stretches at the 10km mark. =)

Some highlights from the run!

3.15am: Woke up!
4.10am: Met up with Shawn & Kenneth as we made our way to esplanade!
5.30am: Met up with Gifford before the actual run!
(Started of the run at 5.45am! And ran with gifford for the next 14km plus...)

(Ran past the bible hse at the 17km mark)

(The route past our church!)
(Passing by my office!)

(Saw some Naval divers at the last 200metres and decided to go for a sprint to overtake them just for some personal pride =P)

No comments: