Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Friend Receiving Christ! =)

Recently had the honour to see a good friend of mine turning to Christ before my very eyes. It left me with a great joy seeing his receptiveness to the Holy Spirit conviction and I really remember all the prayers for him. Especially during the morning office devotion with my room-mate before I met him in the evening.


Tracing back...to a couple of old blog entries...

Mid July 2011.

Almost an answered prayer after 5 years...

http://benlau89.blogspot.com/2011/07/almost-answered-prayer-after-5-years.html

28 Aug 2011
An extract from my sharing at Camp Awareness Sunday.
“There’s one more story very close to my heart which I would like to share with you all, 5 years ago, there was a good friend of mine from school whom I was praying for & been trying to share Christ with and bring to church. But year after year, I actually failed and we rarely met up after we went our separate ways in army. Less than a couple mths ago, I was randomly prompted one day to send him an sms to invite him for a normal Saturday service in church. And I was actually ready to expect another rejection as I just sent that sms just to test that prompting, but to my surprise he actually replied YES. And when he came to church that day, I just ask him what made him said yes, and his reply was he also didn’t know. As he said that, I just knew the Holy Spirit was behind all this, in prompting me & for my friend to actually agree to come. From that very day onwards, found out that God has been speaking to him & he has been coming to church with ever since that day. And right now I just know that his very close to actually accepting Christ as his Lord & saviour one day & he actually finally agreed to come for this year end ym camp after I failed to invite him 5 yrs ago!”

26 & 27 Sep 2011 (The 2 days of bible study which led to The Conversion!)
Last Monday, at the very last minute felt this prompting to just ask him along for this lecture abt revival by our Bishop at TTC since my small grp normally meets that night. And as there was a long journey from Dhoby Ghaut to Upper Bukit Timah, thought this was a good time to go through this bible study material titled "Firm Foundation" which talks about the basic foundations of one faith. While going thru the questions & letting him read the Scriptures. Slowly but surely God's words just spoke right into his heart & it led him to have a better understanding of God's grace for him & how it wasn't the works that leads one to Christ.

"8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:8-10

Come tuesday, saw his level of faith to receive Christ jump from 50% on Monday to 85% at the end of the bible study on tuesday & 100% after further thought on God's words. That was when the bus reached our destination opposite railmall, Once seeing his heart prepared to receive the Lord, went through the "sinnest prayer" with him in the middle of this overhead bridge at about 6.45pm on 27 Sep 2011. And such Joy came into my heart to see the Holy Spirit convicting his heart to finally accept our Lord & Savior after 5 years. =)

No comments: