Friday, February 03, 2012

Watch out for spiritual idleness




Came back from the third session of Disciple 1 on the Topic of Sin. And it left me in deep thought about the condition of what SIN can do to us.

SIN, is not an act, but a condition where we are "inherently sinful".
Romans 3:10-11
New International Version (NIV)

10 As it is written: “There is no one righteous, not even one;
11 there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.


This part extracted from Mag's blog,

"Spiritual idleness. When we think we have reached a spiritual high. When we think we are there; walking right with God. Then we let our guard down. At the least expected moment, we give in to our sinful nature. Fall from glory.

King David, the man after God’s own heart. He won battles a-many; all seemed well between him and God. Then he let his guard down by sleeping in one day; it let to one sin which eventually leading him to laid with Uriah’s wife Bathsheba. He tried to cover up. And he fell from glory.

And it all started from just one small mis-step of spiritual idleness."


This really resonated in my heart, as I do know that i'm currently enjoying where I am, at a state of being comfortable at what i'm doing. And it scares me, that I may get too overly complacent and one day make one mis-step of being spiritually idle and fall like how David fell.

"Dear Lord, I pray that I can live a daily life of TRUE BROKENNESS, where i'm in a daily surrender submitting my will under the Authority of God. Being obedient to Him and truly dying to myself daily! Amen."
Please pray alongside with me on this!

No comments: