Wednesday, May 02, 2012

A "psalms" by Ben in my lament which led to praise!

30 April 2012, 7.50pm to 9.15pm, I was on my bed going through a hell lot of pain, and a thought came to me to take out my iPhone notepad and write down a live personal "psalm" of the feelings and emotions I was going through at that point of time. Like in my preparations for facilitating this week Disciple 1 readings says, "The Psalms mirror our hearts and speak our deepest thoughts". And in my amazement, after all the lamenting in the first hour, a deep sense of God's presence came as I turn to Him and His healing hands actually touched me! :)

A "psalms" by Ben in my lament which led to praise! 


V.1 "O God, O God! As I'm going through this discomforting pain in my head & my jaw right now, I'm wondering why you allowed it?

V.2 No matter what, I know you are still an ever merciful God whose love endures forever!

V.3 After rejoicing that you healed my throat, nose and headache last week. Thought I was better, came back from a holiday and had another round of illness!

V.4 No matter what, I know you are still an ever merciful God whose love endures forever!

V.5 The irritating feverish feeling at night and the constant pain in my right jaw just gets more discomforting as the hour passed!

V.6 No matter what, I know you are still an ever merciful God whose love endures forever!

V.7 Right now my head is feeling like a big angry man gripping my brain tightly and using a hammer to pound it at the same time!

V.8 No matter what, I know you are still an ever merciful God whose love endures forever!

V.9 My right jaw is strangely dis-comfortingly strained as though I've been punched followed by a wisdom tooth surgery without anesthesia!

V.10 No matter what, I know you are still an ever merciful God whose love endures forever!

V.11 I took down pills of medicines, hoping the painkillers will work & drank down litres of water! But somehow the pain & discomfort failed to subside. And all it resulted in is me going to the toilet every 15 mins.

V.12 No matter what, I know you are still an ever merciful God whose love endures forever!

V.13 As I pondered about this I lament the pain and discomfort many of the psalmist faced! I figured that you allowed me to go through this same lament so I can empathize with them.

V.14 Right now I can testify first hand that no matter what the circumstance and discomfort I'm going through, You, our Sovereign Lord creator of heaven and earth, still deserved all absolute praised!

V.15 No matter what, I choose on my will to still Praise You & Thank You for this discomfort I'm going through!

V.16 The amount of pain & discomfort I'm going through right now may compel me to exaggerate that I'm experiencing a level 10 pain but I know it's NOTHING compared to the unbearable pain you had to go through holding the sins of the world on that cross at Calvary.

V.17 As I turned to you, the author and perfecter of our Faith. Your presence came so 
tangibly!

V.18 An hour has passed and I decided to just pray in Faith touching my head and my jaw. That you will heal the pain in my head & my right jaw right now in the name of Jesus!

V.19 And in amazement, slowly but surely. The pounding in my head is almost totally gone! My right jaw is slightly less discomforting now! And I know God’s healing hands has actually touched me!

V.20 This small miracle has just brought me to praise you and thank you all over again for your faithfulness!

V.21 And because of that it just adds on to your already surpassing greatness, love, mercy and graciousness for us all and it supersedes any other conceivable being to be even close to that.

V.22 No matter what, in discomfort, sickness or happiness, just being in your presence gives me this everlasting Joy and this deep sense of peace and contentment in my heart! And I know that I know that I know that you are still an ever merciful God whose love endures forever!"


God be Praised!"

No comments: