Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Divine Intervention

1 Peter 3:15 "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect."

Will keep the details to a minimal to keep the confidentially of this person, but I would like to highlight how God can divinely intervene in our lives to 2 people who do not know each other. Below is a short testimony of God's intervention, which i'm still amazed as I share this.

The last few days, been communicating with this man whom I do not know actually via email. Apparently, he came across my site by chance and noticed that I was a christian, so he decided to email me some tough intellectual questions about Christianity and disagreements he had with the bible in recent years.

After much prayer & guidance by the Holy Spirit, I felt a need to respond to the best I can to each of his deeply reflected questions. And shared with him short lessons I've learnt from our recent studies of the bible from Disciple 1 and ironically just the night before he emailed me, some of us had this discussion on the topic of "Inerrancy of the Bible" and because it was still fresh in my mind I could response to some of the questions he was asking. A few more emails after, we shared more about our lives and thoughts & could sense the hope he found in God again, and just knowing that is one of the greatest Joy any fellow fellow brother in Christ can experience. And it got even more divine when we both later found out we actually were from the same church!

I hope to maintain this fellowship with this brother whom I have never met still, but will see where God lead us in the future.

Looking back, I'm so sure God just place such divine opportunity for us! It has been one of the most meaningful email correspondence I ever had with someone before, especially one who found hope in God again and it all started from a divine intervention from our Sovereign Lord! :)

No comments: