Monday, March 24, 2008

FIRST DAY OF INTERNSHIP!!!!

FIRST DAY OF INTERNSHIP!!!!
9.30am! arrived at WHITE SPACING LIVING company at bukit merah! more than a hour bus ride from home! But this long rides are where one can take time to relax in and read a book.

I thought i was going to be lateee as i came on the dot...but ONLY the secretary was there... was told i was early! HAHAH! anyways stoneee at the seating area for abt 30 mins before the senior designer Agil brought me to a table with some of the other designers. Felt very awkward at first, doing nothing for abt another 30mins, read abt 4 design magazine and books on the shelves before the boss Derrick talk to me in his office. Was told to observe the surroundings, observes some of the company proposal layouts on my first day of work.

Abt 12.45pm ...THANK FULLY some wonderful colleagues brought me out for lunch...as my stomach was starting to make noise and i was basically feeling like some GOONDOO on my first day at that table. Didnt dare to talk as everyone if the wanted to go for lunch as everyone seem so busy! EXCEPT ME!
They brought me to ABC market nearby and got to know this really nice friendly people, ummi (a former Tp design student), junhao (wants to be known as SPYROS! hahhah! ummi find that name WEIRD! his from malaysia) and Li wen(aka Carter his from China!) This 3 were the first people i really talk too..and coincidently they are pretty new here too, only abt a mth or so... Felt more warm up after lunch with these ppl...
After lunch... Derrick told me to help this other intern from SP(Tian Ying i think, not sure if spelt her name corrently)... and you know what... I alone did a total of tearing and pasting abt 1500 stamps on these envelopes! Spend abt 4 hours plus doing all! I can never imagine ONE person being able to do all those..after awhile..i kinda got the hang of it..being able to tear those stamps faster and paste faster! Knocked off at 6.50pm!


(felt really tired after doing all those stamp pasting and tearing...the number of envelopes i did is more than Double what you see on the right!)

No comments: