Tuesday, March 04, 2008

RECORD BREAKING 10.5KM run!!!!!

RECORD BREAKING 10.5KM run!!!!!
This last 2 days been catching up on my fitness! Gym yesterday i and RAN today! was not orginally intending to run 10.5km bcoz didn't feel was fit enuff yet. But den wenhao said WHY not JUST DO IT since we will be there... and well we did!
AND originally I didnt want to set time limit to my run bcoz wanted just a relax run slow and steady run...BUT then...it turn out to be a Personal RECORD BREAKING run for me!


4.40pm (Macritchie)- Warm up

(the map of mactrichie..............the starting area)

(wenhao peeing! HHAHAHA! CAUGHT YOU!)

4.46pm- START OF RUN!

Abt 5.01pm... golf course part... after abt 3km...

(wenhao was ahead of me for awhile...we were trying to catch up with this bunch of NYJC girls on the right pic... well girls cant beat GUYS right! hahha!)



Abt 5.08pm... golf course part... after abt 4km...

(we SUCCEEDED in overtaking those fit girls.... the WATCH TOWER)

Was getting a little tired here... abt 5.15pm

(signage..................................reach the guard house part)

(took a quick 30 Secs water break!)

WOW felt veryyyy REVITALIZED eventhough it was a quick sip! But we needed to get our PACED up again!

(past the pump house)

Ran up the sloppy road to Singapore Island Country Club(SICC)

(saw some police around..... the same police car that was park on the right)

(SICC)

5.23pm-THE FINAL LAP!...7km....

At the TOP opposite SICC...
Only 3.6 Km more to go!

(took another quick short break here with wenhao)

AND WOW that 10 second short water break GAVE ME TONS OF ENERGY!!!

NOW FOR THE AMAZING LAST 3.6km!

(The start of the downhill all the way)

From here on.... cld tell wenhao was feeling pretty tired! And somehow...i overtook him...and i turn back after awhile...and he wasnt even near me! I was thinking to myself at that point..WOW i just overtook the UNSTOPPABLE man who ALWAYS trash me flat in runs! At that point i felttttt soooooooo ON FIRE! I like literally started sprinting..hoping to extend the lead... there were 3 BIG STEEP up hill slopes.. which almost killed me..but i took this chance to run up first so i can conserve for the down hill part...and my strategy work...sprint up the up hills and take ADVANTAGE of downhills... and the rest seem like a breezeeeeeeee...

(even got time to take a picture of a bench there)

ANDREW LAI than CALLED ME halfway..talk to him awhile..... I was amazed at how i got soo much energy at such a late stage! STRANGEEE! but wow!

5.42pm...ANDDDD soooon in 18 mins! I SAW LIGHT!

(it was the END POINT!!! I HADDD A SUDDEN BURST OF MOREE ENERGY and i SPRINT as though it was a 100 metre dashhh all the way!!!!)

(I had broken a PERSONAL RECORD time for me of 54 mins 23 seconds!)

I Have never ran this fast hereeeeee before! I was STUNN! and amazed it was like 20 mins faster than my last record time of 1 hr 13mins here! And thats not the best thing yet...FINALLY after 2 yrs of running with wenhao... i haveee beat the UNSTOPPABLE FIT GUY!!!! He has alwaysss beat me flat in all the runs here...

After abt 10mins... of waiting...still no sign of wenhao! as quite surpriseeee....... hahha! i was still HIGH with energy at this end point! those endorphins was KICKING IN HIGH GEAR!!!!

and FINALLY... 5.50pm...

(Lung wenhao appears verrrrryyyy tired!)

(KNOCKED OUT!)

(looks like my new nike shoe has been helping me a lot in the last 2 runs!)

No comments: