Monday, June 01, 2009

First Runner-up in my debut Tchoukball tournament!

I'm really HOOKED onto TCHOUKBALL now! After just competing in my first ever tchoukball tournament! Courtesy of Reon inviting me to his Paya Lebar Kovan team!
It sure was a great experience as i played as a Centre Pivot (CP) role for most of the matches and one match as a Right wing(RW)! Im also really grateful for great members in this team who really helped me a lot in the techniques and positioning as i tried a taste at my first tournament! And WOW, im sure amazed that we all got all the way to the Finals, sadly to lose then after winning all the matches in the grp stage. Well im quite contented winning the "Mah Bow Tan Tchoukball Tournament" First Runner Up medal on my first taste of a such a tournament!


(photos of the other match up!)



(The toughest match in the preliminary round! We beat them to Top the group to face YDC 1 in the Finals!!)

(The Pre-match talk before the EPIC Finals between the experience YDC 1 and us the Paya Lebar Kovan!)

(reon sharing the tactical play before the finals)




(The EPIC match up between the National World Games Team against the National Training Squad Team! This is the highest level in Tchoukball in Singapore!)

(First Runner up- KOVAN!............ YDC 1 - The champions!)

(the Kovan jersey that Ian lend me!, the Silver Medal we won! =)

At the end of the day, that 2 days tournament sure got one nice bad bruise on my hip(from diving at the second line), and also got 2 of my thumbs,& abt 4 fingers really strain from the intense back to back matches, but its all worth it for this game! Really inspired to train even more from now on!

Even today coming across an article about this new sports in the straits times got me really excited at where tchoukball is going to in Singapore! With more and more schools and communities being aware of this Sport! Im just so excited to be part of it!
TCHOUKBALLLLLLL! "A Sport for all" =)




No comments: