Monday, September 13, 2010

ARMY HALF MARATHON 2010

3.15AM
Woke Up...
4.35am
Reach the form up area for the Signal Formation...
5.30am
My BMT SERGEANT called out to me!!! I was quite shocked at first as that was like 1 yr plus ago when i was still a recruit and he still remember me!

(The FB conversation i had with my bmt sergeant when i got back)

5.40am
Started the run...

(The start line!)

Ran at a comfortable pace of 5.30mins per km with one of my specs for the first hr in the early hours of the morning...


(The beatiful Marina Bay Sands sky line in the earlier morning!)

After reaching the high way towards Kallang area... decided to paced up when i saw my usual running buddy & SOCC mate chuen kiat... as we zig zag pass various runners at a pace of 4.30 mins per km...


(Chuen kiat the person on the corner of this photo...as we reach the kallang park area...)

Bump into my Tango Wing instructor LTA Ray along the way too...

When the morning sun got brighter...

(The F1 Track which leads towards the Marina Bay Sands again!)

(went past the flyer)


(The iconic skyline of singapore!)

(Past under the Benjamin Sheares bridge)



(19 KM mark!!!!!!... 2 more km to go! This was the mark where i cld feel my left tight muscle tightening up, was afraid of cramping up in the last couple of km!)

(Only 500 m more to go!!!)

About 7.50am

(It was quite a moment when one past the finishing line!!!... finish in a time of 2hrs 10mins...)

(Back at the Padang!!!)


(My number tag and 21km finisher medal!)

This AHM run sure was a run that i will never forget! The atmosphere running along side THOUSANDS of people from all over Singapore and catching up with various ppl along the way! A run which although was tiring at moments but the adrenaline in it just keeps you going!

Next up.... 42km Standard Chartered FULL MARATHON on 5 december 2010!!!

No comments: