Thursday, October 28, 2010

Below is the script of my sharing at the recent TP Campus Crusade for Christ Life Meeting on 27 October 2010...

SEIZING YOUR DIVINE MOMENT

I’m really so blessed to be given this opportunity to share what God has taught me and shown me over the years in my 3 years in TP campus crusade. I still remember it all started when I was surveyed like most of you guys at the bridge at TP by my former TP crusade staff Irene. After that very day, the Lord has molded me so much in my time in TP before I enlisted in the army… The various spiritual leaders that I have encountered has greatly influence how I led my life on campus and how i led my life after my sch days...

Before i start....

I wld like to share this statement below that I have learnt in my times in crusade which has change my perspective of how I view in life...

“ARE YOU A STUDENT SO HAPPENED TO BE A CHRISTIAN? OR ARE YOU A CHRISTIAN CALLED TO BE A STUDENT”

You have ONLY ONE LIFE to LIVE!

You got a choice how you want to live it…

1) Your Own Way (You get tired after a while trying to meet your own standards)

2) God’s Way (Exciting path that unveils each day you step unto campus)

“We are always just one choice from a different life. At our worst, good is only one decision away”

“The good news is that when you choose the good, when you choose to move with God on His adventure, nothing can stop you from fulfilling God’s purpose for your life.”

1) KNOWING your TRUE IDENTITY

The worlds have this idea.. e.g.They like to have motivational talks abt THINKING you are the best in class, THINKING that you are the best in what you do! THINKING you are good…etc… it’s this action of…”Thinking to being it… then you are being it. I’m not saying the former is wrong…

However, I would choose to suggest, the other way round, YOU ARE… than you be it.

“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. "You are the light of the world . A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men , that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:13-16

This verses alone, says what we are. It starts with “YOU ARE”, so it’s we are a Child of God and thus we are being it first, before it leads to us to do anything. But taking in considering next that being it means that we ought to live out the purpose that we are all called to be.

It’s like in a game of “polar bear”, “Bang”, “Murderer”, we play the roles of our character’s identity. Like if we know our Identity in Christ is…we know how to be it!

“And you also are among those who are called to belong to Jesus Christ.” Romans 1:6

“… to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory.” 1 thessalonians 2:12

2) BEING GOD’S WORKMANSHIP

"8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For WE ARE God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."Ephesians 2:8-10

Couple Sundays ago I was teaching my sec 2 kids on other religions and Christianity. Its not about doing all the good deeds and works we etc, it’s because of God’s Grace given to us, that we are SAVED, that we are Christians! And its out of the Love of Christ that We want to do the good works for him!

“who has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time.” 2 timothy 1:9


God needs to be involved in every aspect of our life we do, e.g. in school, our workplace, if not it’s POINTLESS. He and HE ALONE is the only REALITY. It’s POINTLESS to expend your energy in things that God is not in the picture. Through this act, of just living out of Faith is a form of Worship to God, and this set as APART from this world!

As it says in Psalm 127:1 “Unless the LORD builts the house, the builders labour in vain.”

And because of how we live our life different, it give us a credibility and opportunities to talk abt our Faith… this leads to my final point which I want to share the most upon….

3) SEIZING YOUR DIVINE MOMENT FOR GOD

The Great Commission!

For me I’m commissioned as an officer of the SAF by the president, but in contrast to that, WE are ALL COMMISSIONED by GOD!!! And that’s is a great task that God have commanded us all to do!

18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.Matthew 28:18-20

IT ALL STARTS WITH EACH and everyone one of us right here on campus! How can we stand out! And be that LIGHT! How can we be that contagious Christian! How we take opportunities! To SEIZE the divine moments!

MISSION TRIPS everywhere. It doesn't need to be overseas, it can be right where we are right here on campus! Each day stepping into campus is a mission trip itself!

Just remember this... KNOWING... BEING...& SEIZING!

MY CHALLENGE TO YOU!

PRAY FOR THAT DIVING OPPORTUNITY! SEIZE THAT DIVINE MOMENT FOR GOD!

TP Campus Crusade weekly Weds Life Meeting's at the Amphitheatre...

MOVEMENTS EVERYWAY SO THAT SOMEONE KNOWS SOMEONE WHO TRULY FOLLOWS JESUS! =)

“A LIFE TOUCH BY GOD ALWAYS ENDS IN TOUCHING OTHERS”

No comments: