Monday, December 20, 2010

Crosstrainer Retreat & WESLEY YM CAMP 2010

December has past in a flash... with 2 key events of the year just over... with the recent crosstrainer retreat happening in early December where we have formally handed over to the new crosstrainer heads Glenn and Max and a whole new young XT comm.... And after serving in Crosstrainers for over 4 years, God has placed circumstances and opportunities which led me to move fully into the Ymove comm currently along with the sports & wellness comm under the main church.

(The new XT heads Glenn and Max leading the 2011 Crosstrainer Planner!)

WESLEY YM CAMP 2010 @ PGP 16-19 DECEMBER
This year came into ym camp back as a"HAPPY CAMPER" after going for 5 ym camps since 2005. This year i cldnt serve much as a GL or Mentor, or XT due to me going in and out of camp the first 2 days due to my pre-ctc course which I needed to attend. However, i know God place me with a particular grp of youths in TEAM MANASSEH for a purpose to enjoy the whole camp experience with as well as to minister too... sadly with Janice(GL) falling sick early in the camp and needed to go home to rest, and with bobby(Mentor) needed to spend most of the time in worship practice,which only left Liwei (AGL). So in the end i believed God has still intended me to serve in this area, by just helping them lead the grp.


TEAM MANASSEH!!!

This whole paragraph will be all out to you guys in manasseh! I really believed God has specifically place me to this grp to really share my life with! I really treasure the camp experience that we all go through together, going thru all the dirty messy games, playing all those Chinese games which i never imagine ever even learning to play "MAO ZHUA LAO SHU", "QI WA something something diao sui" , going thru all the sharings and devotions together,listening to God's Word thru the sermons preached, and just worshiping our Lord together will be memories which I will remember for a looooong time.

As shared to the grp on the final night, i really hope from the bottom of my heart, that we will all continue to pursue the Holiness that God has called each and everyone of us to be. To be THAT KING IN THE MAKING. And i really hope that we will really keep that daily Surrender to our Lord and keep our commitments at Camp! Will strongly urge each of you all to continue to do your daily quiet time with the Lord, those post devotional materials are a good follow up, so pleaseee do them! And remember when camps all over, and when you get back to daily life, the challenge comes when we are away from likeminded Christians, So how do we keep the Faith going? And that's by really keeping the spiritual discipline of reading His Word each day and spending time with Him. And all i ask, is for each of you reading this to start small. Just 5mins a day first...and slowly but surely increase the time.... Remember this "We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7 "

The Vision from God
Anyways the other thing that i really want to share was a vision which God impressed on my heart during the 2nd night rally worship time. It all started when yangshen approach me to pray for him after the pre-service prayer as he will be leading the worship session during ministry time. And I rmb as i prayed for him during worship, God showed me a picture of him, leading worship on stage with the rest of the phileos team and the youths kneeling down in a posture of Surrender to our Lord. I just took that impression by Faith and text yangshen after the worship session before the sermon that he not need to worry as I sense strongly that God will be leading him when he leads worship during the ministry time later, and all he needed was to let God do His work.

And then... after the sermon Pastor Terrence ask the youths to response to God by kneeling in a form of Surrender to God. And when i stood up to the side.. i saw the almost exact same vision i saw happening in reality! I was just standing in amazement at the side of what God was doing... And as i stood up,I was strongly led to pray specifically for couple of my youths kesley and robin... where i found out later from kes that he actually prayed for me to go to him. And i believe it's really was the Holy Spirit that prompted me to the both of them in the midst of the 300 over youths there.

(This picture was similar to what was impressed on my heart, with Yangshen at the centre of the stage leading the worship in the ministry time and the youths actually kneeling down in surrender before our Lord... still looking for a clearer picture which shows the full image i saw)

No comments: