Wednesday, December 15, 2010

An Exciting Treasure Hunt

I woke up on a Sunday morning in camp today (where normally i wld be in church), I went ahead to do my usual routine on a weekend morning in camp, by boiling 2 eggs in my mess tin, and waited for it to boil. I open up my daily devotion and spend a nice 30 mins or so doing a personal quiet time with God. And today's message seemingly reminded me of an exciting treasure hunt we go through each day we open His Word...

I remembered once, God taught my how we sld open our bibles with ANTICIPATION, imagine if you know God is going to speaking to you, you will definitely be on ALL HEARS and be ATTENTIVE to it! And is so like when we open the bible, HIS WORD, as we know that what you are about to read is DIRECTLY WORDS from GOD to us... and today it sure was...

Below is an extract from my daily devotion- Selwyn Hughes 12 December 2010

"My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments. For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how disciplined you are and how firm your faith in Christ is. Colossians 2:2-5"

There is enough truth in these glowing words to feed our minds and hearts for a whole year. The point Paul has been making is that no essential truths are withheld from anyone who belongs to Christ.

"All the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" are hidden in Him. But it is hidden truth. Our Lord conceals as well as reveals. You know and you don't know. But what you don't see spurs you on to continuous discovery.

This perpetual discovery has become the most thrilling thing in my life. Every day I feel there is some new surprise to be found up ahead. Christians who go from week to week without ever opening up their Bibles and focusing on some aspect of God's message to them must live dull lives. I fail to understand how they can exist without delving into the treasures of wisdom and knowledge that are found in Christ and revealed to us in the Scriptures.

"This unfolding revelation of Christ," says one writer, "puts a surprise around every corner, makes life pop with novelty and discovery, makes life well worth the living." The Christian life is dynamic, not static. The more you know the more you don't know, and what you know sets you on fire to know more. The more we know of Christ the more we want to know, and this discovery will go on forever. We will never go beyond Him. Never.

No comments: