Friday, May 06, 2011

A renewed vision for YM from my meeting with God at "ENCOUNTER" today!

Today "ENCOUNTER" gathering at Yangshen's place wld probably my most memorable yet!

First it was an unprecedented type of free worship session for me with 4 different worship leaders, playing with 4 guitars each, Paul ooi, Matt Ho, david luo and yangshen, just coming together to lead us all in a free time of worship, prayer and sharing!

With like the 11-12 of us there from different small grps & sub-ministries just coming together with the same intention to just have this encounter with God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit all together in one place! One can really sense this deep presence of God just moving so strongly in the midst of us! And it was during the heartfelt sharing from each of us which God suddenly just reminded me, giving me a strong and deep renewed vision & message for Wesley YM again! =)

As we were sharing, the thought of loving others and the importance of spending our-self to serve others just kept coming to my heart so strongly! It reminded me of just last Saturday when i was called to introduce Tchoukball ministry to this grp of TPCMC YF grp! To be honest it was a little challenging at the start, with me just recovering from a wisdom tooth op & was almost losing my voice as i was teaching a large grp of 30 odd people Tchoukball from scratch! But as i serve together alongside, Hans,ernest and janine that day, we were in the end bless so much more by the people there! And just talking to them & spending time with them over supper really just encourage us so much! Which was worth all the time given! =)

And the Lord then just showed me this verse which reaffirmed why we sld love one another!

"34 So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. 35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples." John 13:34-35 (NLT)

And the more as i was sharing this, I cld really sense the Spirit prompting me back to the vision again of why i'm willing to give so much of my time for this year for the year end ym camp! It all started from this great burden that God has place in my heart in recent years seeing the reality of how i actually see YM. Although i can see YM moving slowly but surely to the direction of God's intended calling for us over the years. There's still elements of this "inward-looking" in us! Maybe its this strong culture of how we are quite sheltered from the world and sometimes we just get too comfortable within the 4 walls of the church. We just feel best to stay close to our grp of friends, and just seem to look only at ourselves, asking questions pertaining to us only, "like how we can be set free in Christ", "how God can meet our needs etc, etc." Instead of the other way around, when we first look at the needs of others! And how the LIGHT of Christ already living in us can be SHONE out to this people who are lost and in need more of this Light! We are living in this world of darkness, and the more we just look at our self, we are only hiding that light already given to us within our self! And that's not what we are called to be! We sld be that LIGHT that Shines Out Brightly to the World!!!

And then as we were praying at the end, this Words from God just flash before my eyes again! The amazing divine global strategy that God instructed Jesus to tell us before he left earth and how His Holy Spirit would come next to the picture to empower us to fulfill it!

18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Matthew 28:18-20”

This is what GOD has called us all to do! Its being called to be that TRUE AUTHENTIC WITNESSES for Him in this world! "Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person." Colossians 4:6. And this is what it means to let our speech, action and life do the talking! And i really hope that the very least is we be able to cast what it means to be KINGDOM minded at our year end ym camp! I really believe so strongly and clearly that this deep convicted message that God has revealed to many of the leaders in ym, the camp comm and me is what I really want to share from the bottom of my heart to the youths in wesley ym today!

No comments: