Monday, October 24, 2011

Recalling God's Call for my life....

Its been awhile since I actually put some thought into reflecting & seeking God on His specific call for my life ever since I started Full time ministry in May. And today's meet up with Pastor Raymond has certainly prompted me again to recall how I actually landed up into this full time call. And now I have begun my journey in ministry working as a programme coordinator in YM before probably applying into seminary in couple years time.

The next question that I will be asking God is in which specific service of ministry of my full time call that I've been called too? I know it is in a church, but is it as a Pastoral team member role, an ordained pastoral role or maybe even the option of a pastoral ministry in an independent church (quite unlikely though). All in all, a deep call I know deep in my heart is the heart to really be a minister of God meeting the needs of His people. And will continue to search deeply this specific call in this next couple years working as a PC in YM and will certainly enjoy the process of it!

Come evening, our Small grp started this new discipleship series "Roots & Wings", By Edmund Chan & his Wife, Ann. The first question ask was what was our conversion story, and this was where we all had fresh new insight of each other's life which we have never fully heard before till today! Ironic right, even though this small grp has been formed since 10 yrs ago & some of us have known each other since we were in secondary school. This question gave me the opportunity to recall further back again to my first "strangely warm" experience of God in my first YM camp in 2005. And that experience has certainly reminded me of where I am today if not for that very day!

(The new discipleship series our Small grp has started!)

No comments: