Friday, October 09, 2009

Finally out of my 3 weeks confinement in OCS! =)

It feels so good to be finally out! So far life in OCS has been quite an experience! It certainly been a huge culture change for me, especially in the first few days there. It's certainly so different compared to the welfare company that I was in, during my bmt days in tekong!

At the end of the day, I'm
 really thankful to God for wonderful mates that he has place in my life here again! Especially when he provided an awesome buddy in my first 2 weeks of the Common Leadership module (CLM). We manage to form a prayer grp, of 2 catholics and another christian mate where we all saw the common important purpose of putting GOD first in our life!

It was really amazing to see 2 Roman Catholics and 2 protestants who defer in some doctrines yet still coming together believing in the same ALMIGHTY Sovereign Lord and how important it was so important to keep our eyes on Jesus everyday!!! Still pretty amazed at the many nights we cld spend time sharing, and hearing God speak to us when we pray in that room even how precious and limited our admin times were! =)

On hindsight, i'm actually so glad i'm here in OCS! Despite the culture shocked initially, i'm definitely at the fittest point in my life right now! Getting a GOLD for my ippt cat test with 25/25 with a 2.4km timing of 9.30mins! I've definitely become much more resilient and i'm prepared for what to come next! 

Parent's Visiting Day!



(My bunk! My buddy!... he had something stuck in his eyes the day before thats why his eyes are a little close in all the pictures)

(our HUGEEEE wardrobe! Compared to the small metal ones we have in BMT in Tekong!)

(My awesome prayer buddies! Tim, me, edmund and one more guy aaron who is not here in this photo)

(The Parade square where i hope to commission in 9mths time in a No.1 attire!... and thats the SAFTI tower next to it!)



(At the top of the SAFT tower!)

(My officer took a photo of me after coming out from the gas chamber!...my mucus was like all coming out!)

(TANGO platoon 3,section 1! The first to run up the SAFTI TOWER!)

(My parents!)

"Taking refuge in the Lord doesnt mean that all our problems will be solved instantaneously. But knowing that God is with us in our trying times should comfort us and give us the strength to go on." - A quote that my NS prayer buddy, Tim shared with me awhile ago! =)


Ben signing off now! as I look forward to booking back in on Saturday night! ...sad to miss Church for the third time in a row this Sunday, probably the longest time away from church in my entire life. But one thing I know for sure is, that God is with me where ever i go. =)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your sharing man! Gg in coming monday, hopefully ill find such a community as u did.