Saturday, May 08, 2010

You light a lamp for me.

"You light a lamp for me.
The Lord, my God, lights up my darkness." Psalm 18:28 (New Living Translation)


When we find ourselves surrounded by darkness we must look for the meaning that lies within it. Whenever you find yourself engulfed by darkness,begin to dig by the light of your flickering torch of faith for the treasures of meaning hidden there. For the treasures of darkness are found only by those who dig-dig for meaning.

God will never allow us to be surrounded by darkness without handling us a pick so that we can dig for treasure. - Selwyn hughes

The above extract were from my quiet time a couple days ago. I would say it had some impact to me when i read it, as this week, its hard to describe my emotions, there were ups, downs and moments where i just am really disappointed. I guess i have been searching and desiring the wrong things during my range.... i lost the chance to get my marksmen badge which i was confident of getting... but bcoz of unforeseen circumstance i didnt get it.=(..sigh ...i think God is teaching me not to seek after the worldly things of this earth. And i need to hold on to the pick which God has place there for me to dig myself the treasure of God instead!

No comments: