Monday, June 27, 2011

Burning Hearts Conference 23-25 June 2011

Its been 4 years since I went to my last Ignite Conference in 2007, (apologies for the bad grammar if you read that 2007 post)
http://benlau89.blogspot.com/2007/03/final-nite-of-ignite-conference-2007-is.html

Then I was just this young 17 year old boy with a lot of heart zest & passion for the Lord! Basing a lot of my Christian faith on very experiential encounters with God. Not that the passion has gone, but as I grew older, God revealed much more to me through my mind instead of my heart. Such "spiritual" experiences seem to lessen & God taught me a lot on "walking by Faith & not by sight"...


(Burning Hearts- Ignite Conference 2011@ Kum Yan Methodist Church)

And just reflecting back on the last 3 days of 7 back to back solid sessions of worship, prayer,preaching of the Word & ministry time...there were a lot of moments seeing how the Holy Spirit moves & ministered to many.

And as I look back for at least the first 5 sessions, I hardly got to comprehend the structure of his sermon as he preach with such free flow right to our heart that it went lost in my mind at moments. As I was thinking back abt a post I once wrote couple months ago on "Mind, Heart & Will"... where the order sld be ideally in this way according to a book I was reading by Martin llyod Jones. And going thru this conference, made me reflect on the approach this preacher went, where it was on the "heart,mind & will" instead...not that it really matters alot, but it set me thinking quite a bit...

And then by session 3, he ask if we think we are "smart". As we humans try to think to much on our mind to comprehend the Kingdom of God & yet we don't fully understand it, as a fact, no human mind can comprehend Him in that way except by the Holy Spirit in us who will reveal to us who He really is. And this made me really ponder, that sometimes we try to intellectually reason so much of God that it blocks us from really knowing Him. That was where I suddenly understood why he was focusing alot in preaching towards our heart. As what he said does make sense, if God truly touches our hearts, we will naturally want to seek Him & hunger to read His Word more to get a clearer understanding of His Scriptures. Thus the order wld go from heart to mind to will.

In the end after 5 sessions, by the 6th session, there was a sudden change in his approach where he was preaching more towards our mind this time. Where he took a lot of scripture references of his views on the End times & how we are really nearing to that last hour! Only till this 6 session where I finally began to see his other messages tying in together.

There's gonna be a movement of Prayer, Worship & Missions which involves the Youths of today! - David Silker (Burning Hearts 2011)

When he said that, my heart jump, as that was what God was really been revealing to me this year in the direction for camp! And this was like a personal affirmation hearing this statement from him.

Besides that, this conference really allowed me to see how over 500 over committed youths & leaders coming together in such deep surrendered worship earnestly praying & worshiping their Hearts out to God! Looking at that, really grew my burden for the ministry that God set before me, if only we have everyone in wesley ym in such commitment to God too.

This is a bit more personal, but as Pastor daniel suddenly prophesy over me during one of the sessions, a deep sense of affirmation & assurance set into my heart over my future in 10 years time. Where I wld just accept by Faith first, and will see where God take me later. =)

In the end, coming our from this conference, it really reminded me what God was telling me earlier on this year on what God can do when His Holy Spirit just empower us to do beyond our own human abilities. And that's how we truly become that TRUE WITNESS for our Lord when we are leading this Spirit Filled life which overflows with His Love to others everywhere we go!

No comments: