Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A summary of my life in 25 points! hahah!

A summary of my life in 25 points! hahah!

This is actually something i did on facebook!! Enjoy the read!!!! =)

Click her for link to actual Facebook note...
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you.


( If I tagged you, it’s because you might be part of this 25 facts or i just know u will do this too! =P)

If you find this too long...just read #20.. Its my most memorable story ever!!!...

1.I have decided to do this after finally having some free time to spare, 4/5 of my FYP is done! I was seeing if i'm tagged more than 5 times maybe i will consider doing it...So as i looked back... i got to tagged back the last 8 people who tagged me(hope i didn't miss anyone out =/) ...in chronological order TAGGED back - ethel,moonie,kenneth,emme,
diana,stacy,yiu jin,nicole....

2. I really LOVE GOD with all my heart, soul, mind & strength! Anyway want to share my blog of the recordings of my exciting journey with the Lord from 2006 onwards (This was the same year of my first ever BROADBAND access & MSN too!!! slow right!...haha!) ...http://benlau89.blogspot.com

3. I really believed Facebook is a great way to share & influence your thoughts & ideas to great masses at once, so i'm taking advantage of this tool to share it!! The next few links are extracts from my blog that I MUST SHARE if not i won't have peace! =)

4. My personal Testimony of how God changed my life!
http://benlau89.blogspot.com/2008/04/my-personal-life-changing-testimony.html

5.Check out the link below of.. My personal thoughts on "How you can keep your Passion for Christ?" http://benlau89.blogspot.com/2008/09/how-do-you-keep-your-passion-for-christ.html

6.One of my most favorite christian article on "Brokenness that leads to Revival?" http://benlau89.blogspot.com/2008/08/brokenness-heart-god-reviveswhat-is.html

7.One insight that the Lord revealed to me so greatly once, that I believed that ALL "Christian" should read...2 parts note of "are you really saved?"... (Part 1) http://benlau89.blogspot.com/2008/09/are-you-really-saved.html , (Part 2) http://benlau89.blogspot.com/2008/09/by-grace-are-you-saved.html

8. The most powerful message i ever heard!!! A MUSTTTT WATCH!!!
http://benlau89.blogspot.com/2007/09/shockingly-powerful-message-by-paul.html

9. My Personality Test that i did 2 years back... I'm an I.S.C....
Read hear for my info! http://benlau89.blogspot.com/2007/01/my-personality-test-disc.html

10. Looking back........(Feeling so NOSTALGIC now) ...I remember when i was about 4yrs old i used to cut my soft toy "hair", thinking it will grow back... =/... poor me..i was FOOLED! I still have those soft toys to proof! Just looked at my snoopy now!!!

11. In 1996, I think i was 7 yrs old, was when i became a MANCHESTER UNITED FAN!!! Was watching a soccer match with my dad and he asked me to choose a team.. i chose this red team..who was then man united ..and they beat this team who was liverpool! If im not wrong the final score was 3-0! And i was so HAPPY that i chose the winning team that i decided to stick with them till now! PHEW good thing i didn't choose liverpool. heee!


12. And then when i was in primary sch... I had this best friend who used to TRICK me almost everyday! Like how he had this twin brother that died at birth, to how he like went to Sepang Grand prix in KL to meet michael schumacher and even shook his hand & when his house got burn down in pri 4 i think, i thought he was bluffing at first! BUT it turn out to be REAL!!!!!!!!!

13. I remember the days when i played soccer almost everyday at the basketball court during recess time when we use like "pepsi" water bottle as our ball & then we promoted to a tennis ball by pri 6 i think.. hee! Miss those days!!! (Fun fact: the pepsi bottle shape was better to kick compared to mineral & coke bottles)

14. My soccer days....I first joined the st gabs school soccer team at pri 4, and our first competition was this 7aside soccer tournament at Sentosa where our coach crazy crazy put us in the Under-17 competition! We were like PLAYING against BIG GUYS when we were like err..10? He said it was to train us up! HHAHA!

15. At Primary 5, i rmb how excited we were on our first ever inter school south-zone soccer tournament... where i still rmb vividly on my debut match scoring a Hat-Trick!!!!! In the end we won moulmein pri 8-0!!!! What a start right!!! ..we were WRONG! ... We were the most feared sch after that match but were too complacent in our next 2 matches! Can't rmb the next 2 teams we played, i think ACS (Jr) & some other sch...which i tink we draw & lost!... & we were out... =(

16. So the entire year we were left with friendlies .. with MANY matches against Yangzhen pri(our neighbour & arch rival) ... haahha, i tink we played against them like 5 times a year!!! And unbeaten against them till now i think! I got my first nickname of "Kumbai" by my strike partner zainal! Till now we have no idea what that means! haha!... i rmb how i said if i score another hat-trick they will stop calling me that... & i actually really did in a 8-0 win over yangzhen! But haha! they still call me that till now!....

17. By primary 6... was made the vice captain of the team! And rmb the ONLY title we won was this 7aside south zone tournament where we beat st.michael's in the finals!!! Somehow in my pri sch days i was quite a scoring machine & I'm quite proud to say that! hee =P (50% of my goals was by headers!)

18. By secondary school..had some interesting stories...First for soccer who was like my only life then still...... The st.gabs sec team was muchhh STRONGER!!!... somehow i lost my scoring touch with players that were so much more talented than me!!! 1/3 of the Team were national players! Even a national captain at his age grp who has won many MVPs everywhere even at this Barcelona academy!!! Always proud to say that i got the chance to train along side this superstar who is now one of the most talented bright stars in Singapore! =P

19. Around sec 2 period always remember the times when a bunch of my classmates wld come my hse & play block catching! One day... 2 of them!!! DUNNO WHY!!!!crazy crazy went to pee at the staircase area & my neighbour saw!!! We were running for our life when we found out!!! As we went to the void deck...contemplating & in deep fright wad to do next...our sch Operation manager walk over..& catch all of us!!! And wahhh! we were TERRIFIED!!!!!!

20. MY MOST TERRIFIED MOMENT IN LIFE!!!! ...(Do read this..is quite a memorable story in my life)
At end of sec 2... a bunch of us were selected to take part in this inter-class graffiti competition in sch! And some of my friends wanted to practice! So we went to his hse HDB block nearby & practiced our art work on newspapers on a wall at his corridor abt the size of a huge whiteboard...THEN when some of us were in his hse some of them were at the corridor BEING BOYS as usual... craazy crazy take a lighter & a spray Can & crazy crazy did this flame torch at the art work on the WALL....AND YES YOUR RIGHT!!! STUPID right! The WHOLE WALL CAUGHT FIRE!!!!! & we all tried to stop it by passing buckets of water from his toilet to the corridor!!!!! AND we were like die die! NEIGHBOUR SURELY See this!!!! OBVIOUSLY RIGHTTT!!!! We did stop the fire in the end BUT the WHOLE WALL WAS BLACK!!!!! Dieeee... half of us was in his hse toilet in deep fear! while the others tried to clear the mess outside....Soon one of them outside SHOUTED! POLICE! POLICE!!!! We WERE DIEE DIEEE!!!! So we hid in the toilet!!! And in deeppp fear!!! As we thought wah, we all innocent good boys in sch now caught at a scene of a crime!!!!!!! SIGHHH.... soon the police shouted at his door, "whoever inside COME OUT NOW!!!"...so we decided after a long while..ok its best to come out...so in deep fear went out and SAW LIKE SUPER ALOT OF PEOPLE! like CID and FIRE MAN and A BUNCH OF KAYPO neightbours watching!!! It was so embarrassing!... and this funny thing happened... one of our friend was actually still hiding..and later told the police that he "stomach-ache"!!! HAHHA what a lie lor!! But we kept quiet!!!hahha! Later my friend who was the one playing with the fire got handcuff to the police station... & THANK GOD we were freed! but it was so scary as the next day was the actual competition! And we were like dieee now the WHOLE SCH surely know la! And our Vice principle Jokingly told everyone... "Yesterday arh...some HARD WORKING BOYS arh... even went the extra mile to practiced their grafitti art piece, and then crazy crazy must burn it up in the end!!!"... good thing he didnt mentioned the ppl there! but we were sooo embarassed lor! Well...my friend was released that same day from the police later..but he had to face a FINE OF $10 000!!!! A story that I will never forget!!!

21. Sec 3 & 4 was when i actually started to get serious with my sch work as o'levels drew nearer...despite still being soccer crazy!!! I really thank God how he was still with me even when i wasn't close to the Lord then...By His grace I ended of well to end my stgabs sch days being first in class & eleventh in the level... and ended my soccer "career" by then...

22. By 2005...After sec 4... went to my FIRST ever YM CAMP...And this was where GOD changed my ENTIRE LIFE!!!! From like all my self desires of only soccer & computer games(i used to be a computer games addict!) to the importance of GOD first!!!
See #4 for my life changing testimony!!! (my small grp would have heard this countless of times!=P )

23. 2006.... went to CJC for the first 3mths...and had the TIME OF MY LIFE! LITERALLY!!!! I really miss those days like mad ! From the COOLEST MASS DANCE in SINGAPORE! TO joining FENCING! To having the BEST CLASS , 1T02!! And to the crazy things we did... like playing BINGO in mass lectures,having a FIRST taste of skipping class ONCE..hee...but we later found out how we wld actually rather be in sch!!!
To a very memorable last day when we the only 5 guys in class who did this literature grp work of supposedly 2 people.. had a 2/50 for it! And my friend crazy crazy tore the paper infront of my teacher! And he GOT ONE HUGE SCOLDING!!! We ran off in fear of our teacher's wrath! HAHA! What a last day!!!

24..2006-2009.... Well God has continued to change my life and thought me many things in Tp crusade,to church & school...as my self-desires change for GOD...being in interior architecture design in TP design for the last 3 yrs has exposed me so much in design...and when i think back..this is like almost realizing my childhood dream of actually being an Architect.. with my lecturer who commended that my work was actually very good architecturally & even encouraging me to pursue it in NUS...and with the seemingly many "doors" opening towards me giving a try at architecture NUS?.....This actually made me think even more...that am I actually willing to OBEY GOD...or pursue my own desires to follow the World...
And you know what!!! I have come to a decision!! That I will follow my CALL from GOD...to lay down this self dream...for something i know God has been preparing me for whom i have a even GREATER PASSION FOR!!!!!! =)

25. Arghh its the end!I'm actually so tempted to write more! but well... i think i cheated in some of the pointts by putting in looooong stories! hahah! Thanks for bearing with me!!!
Anyways, I'm VERY EXCITED where GOD will be taking me after I graduate from TP Design..from NS (probably in Naval diver unit!)... to maybe bible college next? or Stint in Crusade? ...well all i know i'm so excited to do FULL TIME Christian work for the LORD in the near future!!! (that was my calling if you didn't figure out by now! Link of My Life CALLING...http://benlau89.blogspot.com/2009/01/i-have-received-gods-call.html =)

No comments: