Thursday, August 14, 2008

WONDERFUL THANKS GIVING Life meeting!

WONDERFUL THANKS GIVING Life meeting!
First of before i started this post and sharing....
Theres SOOOOO MUCH THANKS GIVING just from the happenings today!

FIRSTLY, today before i left my hse found out my IAD project 3 was short listed for this International Interior Design Competition! I wassss so SURPRISE!!! bcoz i took a peep at one of the lecturer marking during my presentation and it wasnt too good...BUT i guess BY GOD's AWESOME graceeee im given this opportunity! Well its really so true that whatever u commit to GOD! He will bless you in some way or another!

SECONDLY, i was very concern at first when last night i found out my class was shifted to 6pm! AND i needed to share todays message at LM at that time! But later on... its really a blessing from GOD bcoz if not for that sudden change... i wont have been given the time to complete my work in time for the consultation andddd manage to consult and make it time for LM!! PRAISE THE LORD again!

THIRDLY, this was mainly from the other crusaders... i was SOOO ENCOURAGED by all their sharing today! Especially one i heard praying for the rain to stop when the sky didnt seem to good! BUT AGAIN GOD BLESS US with a nice cool weather! AND WOW the MOON LIT SO BRIGHTLY! Check out the photos!

Anyways below is my sharing outlineee! Its always an honour to share a message from GOD! =)

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

1) Why we Give Thanks

Illustration:

Dr. Ironside used to tell of an experience he once had at a restaurant. He ordered his meal, and just as he was about to eat, a man walked up to his table and said, "Do you mind if I sit down with you?" Dr. Ironside said that it was quite all right, so the man sat down. As was his custom, Dr. Ironside bowed his head and said a silent word of thanksgiving to the Lord before he ate. When he lifted up his head, the man said to him, "Do you have a headache?"

Ironside said, "No, I don't."

The man said, "Well, is there anything wrong with your food?"

Ironside said, "No, why?"

"Well," the man said, "I saw you sitting there with your head down, and I thought you must be sick, or there was something wrong with your food."

Ironside replied, "No, I was simply returning thanks to God as I always do before I eat."

The man said, "Oh, you're one of those, are you? Well, I never give thanks. I earn my money by the sweat of my brow, and I don't have to give thanks to anybody when I eat. I just start right in!"

Dr. Ironside said, "Yes, you're just like my dog. That's what he does, too!"

That little story suggests that when people will not give thanks to God, they are acting like irrational animals.no matter how we may feel or what our attitude toward God may be, we are bound, as creatures dependent upon His love and grace, at least to give thanks to Him as our Creator.

Psalm 96:8 says, "Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name." God is always worthy of our thanksgiving, not just when we feel like giving it. We should do it for His name's sake.

2) Praising God and Giving Thanks all the time!

*Personal testimony* of choosing to praise God even at hard times...

(God touch my heart listening to this song last Sunday in church. And he revealed to me that YOU MUST SHARE THIS SONG to the crusaders as part of the message.)

Testimony behind song...

Te desert song, which was written by Jill McCloghry, whose firstborn child died because he came out premature, yet Jill is assured that God is still God even in the desert, in the fire, or even in times of favor...

"I will bring praise, I will bring praise, NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST ME SHALL REMAIN. I will rejoice, I will declare, GOD IS MY VICTORY AND HE IS HERE."

Jill Mccloghry & Brooke Fraser Dessert Song Lyrics

This is my prayer in the desert
When all that's within me feels dry

This is my prayer in my hunger and need

My God is the God who provides

This is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flame

Chorus:

I will bring praise, I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain
I will rejoice, I will declare
God is my victory and He is here


This is my prayer in the battle
When triumph is still on its way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

BRIDGE
All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship


This is my prayer in the harvest
When favour and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've received I will sow.

I really hope that all of us will remember this song when we feel spiritually dry...
Remember God will DELIVER US and PROVIDES and GIVES US THE VICTORY FOR HE IS OUR GOD NO MATER WHAT SEASONS WE ARE IN!

{Play Desert Song Track 7 of my playlist}

Will you be able to understand that God is still God and He remains despite what happens to us? Will you be able to bring Him a gift of thanks and praise, no matter what's happening?

(the mock model i did of the adidas shop in the afternoon)

RUSH for LM after consultation! A bunch of Rp crusaders join in our Last LM for this semester ..huge attendance today.. more than 30 crusaders! the Biggest this semester!

(The nice amphitheatre where we have our crusade Life meeting every wednesday)

(The crusaders playing this pass the message game using actions!)

(the camera posers! HAHAHH!)

SHARING TIME...when it when darker...

(Wanteng Sharing abt her mission trip!)

(Everyone on all ears to the many THANKS GIVING!)

(the TRP crusaders posing with irene after winning the CRUSADE SOCCER CUP!)

(The light that shone from the DARKNESS! that was the lamp we usee when it got darker)

(even the mooon shine super brightly!... amy shared that after seeing the light! It reminded her how God called us all to be that light for the LORD!)

GOOD END to our Crusade Life meeting this semester!

Okkk no more LM for now! BUT lets now join the prayer movement on campus every monday outside LT at design school 2pm! Thats what happened last monday! when i found someone in sch with the same vision as me! Seeing A REVIVAL ON OUR CAMPUS! And its soo encouraging to seee such PASSIONATE CHRISTIANS around! =)

No comments: