Saturday, January 31, 2009

YM GAP!! I can see a generation of youths stepping
up to pray for the ministry!

When i thought 4 weeks ago the GAP size was just a rare explosion! But for more than 4 weeks straight already and the prayer ministry is still going strong in numbers! INFACT its actually
growing still!!! And every week we still see new faces of youths wanting to make their Fridays free to come to GAP to PRAY!!!! Its reallyyy so encouraging to see how GAP has grown over the
years! Certainly what God has said to me last sunday came true indeed, that this ministry will
only continue to grow! Soon it may actually really reached more than 53(the currect GAP
facebook size!)

Click here for YM GAP 4 weeks back...



(About 46-48 Gappers were here today!!! Thats if i counted correctly!)

Anyway's God revealed to me what you abt to read below....He said this is something that is needed to be shared to the gappers since 2 weeks back at my FBH retreat! And its so timely how today is the posting for the J1s and more than 50% of the gappers today are J1s, so i guess this message applies to them even greater!

Do read on!....

YM GAP SHARING – God’s Calling For us


11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. [a] I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile." Jeremiah 29:11-14 (NIV)

When Jeremiah uttered these words, he was reminding the people
of Judah about a key principle behind God's dealings with his
people in any era. It is a principle still very much at work today:
God wants to bless us, not harm us...

Whatever the circumstances of your life, whatever important and
life-changing decisions face you,remember that God is in control
of your future. He knows the plans he has for you, and they are
for your good. When you come to the crossroads and you have your
heart set on turning right, he may want you to turn left instead.
You must be open to God's leading in whatever direction
he sees is best for you. If you follow his leading, you will be
in the center of his will,fulfilling the purpose he has in mind.

Do you ever feel tempted to give up? Perhaps right now you feel
overlooked, forgotten,mistreated, and you want to quit.
Satan's goal is to get you to do just that--throw in the
towel and call it quits. Discouragement is his favorite weapon.
But remember this:while disappointments are inevitable, discouragement is a choice.

If we are ever going to reach our full potential, we must understand a very important truth:
God is for us, He is not against us. In Babylon, Israelsorted out her faith and rediscovered her
deep need for the Lord.

God often uses trials to position us for greater blessing.
Even in times of great disappointment,
He has our best in mind. He knows how He wants to use the
disappointment or hardship
for our benefit, and He desires that we see Him as our
only source of salvation and blessing.

When you feel tempted to yield to discouragement, go to God in
prayer. Tell Him all you are feeling--the unkind ways you have been
treated that do not seem fair to you. God has an objective
view of the situation.He sees the future and knows the direction
your life will take. He also wants you to totally depend on Him
and not rely on the compliments or resources of others.While
disappointments will come-you live in a fallen world, after
all-you can live above it by focusing your heart on Jesus Christ.


If you are in an emotionally or physically difficult spot right
now, refuse to become discouraged.
Ask the Lord to reveal His will and plan for your life. Commit
yourself fully to Himand pray to obey no matter what it costs.
If you take this approach, then God will provide for you in
ways that far exceed human understanding.
[Life Principles SB by Charles Stanley re vv.10-14]

1) The Call to belong to God


"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful,I know that full well.My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. "Psalms 139:13-16

The worlds have this idea, e.g. that you want to be at the top of the corporate ladder, by thinking you’re the best in class…etc…it’s this action of…”Thinking to being it… then you are being it”

However, I would choose to suggest, the other way round, YOU ARE… than you be it.

“You ARE a CHILD OF GOD… and we belong to God…”

To become persons who have their identity as children of God and members of the Family of God

“And you also are among those who are called to belong to Jesus Christ.” Romans 1:6

“… to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory.” 1 thessalonians 2:12

2) The Call to be God’s People
(FULLY)

Who exist for the praise of His glory as we live out our true identity in all aspects of life in the church and world, which is expressed in the holiness or sanctification- discipleship.

“who has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time.” 2 timothy 1:9

God needs to be involved in everything we do, e.g. in school, our workplace, if not it’s POINTLESS. He and HE ALONE is the only REALITY. It’s POINTLESS to expend your energy in things that God is not in the picture.

As it says in Psalm 127:1 “Unless the LORD builts the house, the builders labour in vain.”

How can we possibly leave the creator from our works?

“Invest in things that last for eternity”

3) The Call to do God’s Work (Where ever you are)

Enter into God’s service in church and the world. This involved gifts, talents, ministries, occupations, roles, works, and mission.

“But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.” 1 Peter 2:9-10

Illustrations:
God can change our plans for his…(story about sudden street E over my own plans)


We are very used to hearing Jer 29:11… but the verses I want to highlight is…V12-14... (Conditions)….

12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Illustrations:

God will CERTAINLY reveal to you when you truly intentionally seek him (OUR GOD is FAITHFUL)…(at FBH retreat)


14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD… "

Illustrations:

Sometimes God will just come! ( at recent combined service)


Questions to ponder:

1) When was the last time you really seek God?
2) When was the last time God revealed his plans to you?
3) Can you say you want to seek him with all your heart?

The Usual after GAP supper at kopitiam...

(ohh my.... kheng and glenn doing strange stuff as usual...)

No comments: