Sunday, February 24, 2008

FUSION 2008

FUSION 2008 -INTIMACY
This yearly FUSION conference where all the youths in the TRAC methodist churches and schools coming together in one place! It was reallyy something!! It was as awesome as i expected! Although a smaller scale this yr at ACS I... it didnt seem so! Like over more than 1000 over youths came,flooding the audi! And WORSHIP and the Sharing of the Word was really like WOW!
Anyways...was really glad some of my crusade friends like ethel,wenhao,jem,jerome and samuel could come too!

And bcoz of the video where i appeared in Fusion... (THIS AMAZING THING HAPPEN)
A
very loooooooooooong time old friend from primary and sec sch days who i never talk to for yearssssssss..like 8 years? just told me on facebook that he was at FUSION too! And i didn't know that he was a Christian all this time! I still rmb the last time i was in the same class as him was in pri 4 i tink. And hearing him share to me that his life also TRANSFORM bcoz of GOD also around sec 4 time... was very encouraging to hear...seems we were all in the same boat last time..and now we are CHANGE PEOPLE for GOD!

Well everyone this is the testimony i shared from a video shoot which pastor Alvin used in his message on Seeking that intimacy with God.

Testimony on seeking that intimacy with God (FUSION 2008)

I was born in a Christian Family, accepted Christ when I was about 4 years old and have been going to church ever since I was a baby, but I would say I won’t call myself a True Christian at all, as then I hadn’t that real relationship with Jesus Christ. I was a very typical “Sunday Christian”.

What led me seeking that intimacy with God goes back all the way to my first camp Wesley YM Camp in 2005.During that camp many things happened that led to me taking that step of Faith to make that commitment to God. I felt I was ready to surrender my entire life totally to him. During ministry time, for the first time in my entire 16 years of my life, I had a real personal experience with God. It was an experience so real that I really can’t explain. The presence from God just came upon me and gave me that inner warm and peace.

And since than my life took a dramatic change. I used to be very quiet, low-self esteem very introverted person. I gain so much more confidence than before. I became more outspoken and extroverted and I really long to seek that same intimacy I experience at that camp. For the last 2 years each day I just long for more of God. And God began to show himself many more times to me. Since then I had more recounts of that same deeper intimate experiences like never before, I saw phenomenal works by the Holy Spirit working in my life. And that desire in me to want more such experience with God was burning in my heart.

A year later, at the next YM camp, I remembered one of the sessions about discerning God's voice. Though I didn’t really hear God's voice that day, the message did speak to me. I just needed to wait. I know of a couple of friends who ever heard that real audible still small voice from God and it got me really interested too. I just wanted such an experience too.

And then came YM camp 07, God was so real to me right from day 1 of camp! The speaker gave us 5 minutes at the end of the message to soak in the presence of God and to be sensitive to the heart of God. Suddenly in the midst of quietness, I heard a voice! It seem as though somebody called me on my left side of my ear. It said "HEY BEN". Just these 2 words. I was unsure at first if any of my group mates around called me. But I checked with them and they say they didn’t say a thing. Was it really a VOICE OF GOD! It seems so normal when I heard it! Like somebody casually talking to me! But I really believed it was from GOD!

From that day onwards, I have drawn so much closer to the Lord. It’s not only just at camps that I experience God, but it’s through my quiet times with God where he revealed so much to me. Now, it’s been more real and exciting than ever before, and despite all this, I still longed for a deeper and intimate relationship with God.

The LORD said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by.”
Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. 12 After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. 1 Kings
19:11-12

No comments: