Sunday, July 29, 2007

What's my purpose in life?...Cher Birthday Surprise!

What's my purpose in life?...Cher Birthday Surprise!
What's your purpose in life?...That was one of the main discussion questions we gone through in today's bible study. You know as Christians...normally we will give this MODEL answer something like this..."Our purpose is to glorify God and serve him to the best of our abilities. And to add on, to follow the Great commission, which is to evanglise"... And well YESSSS i still do stick to that as my main purpose in life as a Christian. Although it may seem cliche. BUT as i grow closer with the Lord,I now STRONGLY BELIEVED to stick to that as my main purpose in life and at the end of the day,I find life so much more meaningful still,and i have this peace from the Lord. This is that Child-like faith that its always good to hold on to. =)


Although i really dunno like whats my specific specific main purpose in life? altough thats like going into my whats our true calling...But I know for sure that he has so many other smaller purposes for us in our everyday life. For example, i shared with my small grp today that. God put us in different place with different ppl at different time,place,situation all for a purpose in his PERFECT PLAN and WILL for us. Sometimes we may not see it yet...but one clear e.g. i know is I know definitely why he put me in TP for one really good reason. To be part of TP campus crusade
ministry and to fulfill the Great commission, first in our campus and than the World.

And at times,when i ponder,is interior design really my future?Why was i place in this route...and sometimes feeling if this is the right course. BUT...i dun worry as much in the past now. BCOZ i know, GOD is in control, not me, i just need to surrender my life to him daily, and let him guide me day by day. Just doing my best in whatever place I'm place in at that particular time. And bcoz i learn to Trust God more and more each day, the FEAR of my future isn't really gonna bother me much.This is a promise i keep to....
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11"

Alot of ppl has been asking me why do i always feel so optimistic and SMILEY all the time. And i just need to say.. that I have this ALMIGHTLY LOVING GOD to lay my cares too. And indeed GOD has been so FAITHFUL and REAL to me so many times! Some may feel that its so hard to keep this JOY daily. And YES i agree, bcoz its so easy to be part of the WORLD and live by the flesh but if we really surrender our life DAILY to GOD we won't fall into it so easily. I have seen how God work so
miraculously in my life...so i can vouch for it!
"Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you;he will never let the righteous fall. Psalms 55:22".

After small grp time... met up with cephas with josh as we had this surprise birthday party for Cherie. I really gotta say Cephas did go thru alot to try to pull this surprise. First he got us to SOMEHOW drag cherie out of the hse so that he can go to her room and decorate it. And it wasnt easy...so we make up this story that i was in HOLLAND V, supposedly here to look at the windmill design and the buildings around it etc..and like if she wanna come down to the coffee bean to study with us. And THE TRICKED WORK somehow! So we got cherie out of her place for an hr as ceph carried out his plans! Anyway sadly most of the dance girls cldnt make it for the surprise party at the TCC there... only laura,jiazhi and one of her ex classmate cld come. But overall it went alright i guess. This pretty funny thing happen at the end of the day at cherie's hse...her DOG Pee on Laura's slippers ONLY, despite our slippers and shoes being around there too! How suay can she be lor!LOL!

(the windmill in HOLLAND V..that I "SUPPOSEDLY" was the reason i come here)

(Ate this MACARONI GRATIN at TCC there..the EXOTIC HAAGEN DAAZ ICECREAM CAKE!)

(Cephas preparing the cake for Cherie.. her sis in the background)

No comments: