Sunday, June 24, 2007

An AWESOMEEEE YM A/YSGL Retreat! (23-24 june)

An AWESOMEEEE Wesley YM A/YSGL Retreat! (23-24 june at NACLI)
I just loveeeeee retreats!This are times that really bond grps and ministries together. I was soooo looking forward to this year leaders retreat bcoz had one life changing memorable retreat last yr!And this time its just as great! Well just walking into NACLI on that saturday morning really reminded me of the great time at last year combined retreat!!!

Anyway I was like the youngest leader there at age 18 .. and ironically,my ysgl Englee was like the oldest there at age 37....TWICE my age! Worship was really AWESOMEEE!Especially in the presence of so many passionate christian leaders in one room,just looking around,nearly everyone or possibly all hands in that room was lifted up and immersed in worshipping our ALMIGHTY GOD!!! it was a really wonderful sight!
The night service was pretty interesting... it was abt "Moving in the Spirit" by Adriel...And he talk abt the basic principles of spirituality which i so totally agree with him bcoz it was so true as it led to me experiencing God first hand at the ym camp 05 and many times after that after...
The 4 steps to experiencing God!
-FAITH in the cross of christ
-SURRENDER to the lLordship of christ
-INTIMACY with the Person of Christ
-MINISTRY to the Body of Christ
When the basic principles of sprituality LINE UP - the Holy Spirit will manifest His presence and power.


After that there was an altar call,it was something abt letting the Holy Spirit work its power on you. I decided to go for the altar call after a while of contemplation bcoz i always wanted to experience God more and more and let the Holy Spirit work in me. Our guest speaker Kathlyn from the prayer ministry from the main wesley methodist church and her pray team came to pray for us with the other Ym leaders during the altar call. And when i was being prayed for...i really felt the Holy Spirit so closeeeeeee to me!My whole body was trembling uncontrollably and the same emotion i felt at ym camps all came in...like i was crying,but i duno if there were tears. And i'm those kind of person...that dun cry..i NEVER cry in movies in my life..but only the Holy Spirit cld touch my heart..it was a really warm feeling..during this whole time i was telling myself i'm not going to fall this time,i notice on a leader on my left got Slain...and my legs was trembling so much...but i just kept resisting to stay on. But it was really a good ministry time...and i felt God's Presence so strongely!

After that kathlyn took over the session,shared her testimony and later did this interesting exercise to Hear the voice of God. During the time of silence she gave us, i was really in such a relax state and trying to hear the voice of God or see visions. She later told us to write or draw whatever was impress on us. But to be honest...i didnt hear or see anything...thoughts did came into my mind i tink..but cant rmb wad..it was like i really want God to guide me in steps in my life.....den we broke into grps of 3-4..and we were suppose to share and pray and try to have impressions of each other impressions. I that i didnt really get anything during the time of silence..but my of Darren,Ernest and Reynard prayed and later shared what they all saw for me...(seee sketch below of what they told me).........

After this really interesting exercise... Almost 3/4 of the 40 plus leaders headed in 4-6 cars or van to a nearby prata shop for supper! It was like a mini YM at the prata shop lor! Oh gosh...i really ateeeeeee alot in this retreat! the food was pretty good!ALL U CAN EAT BUFFET!which i heard cost abt $3 a person!ThatsCHEAP! After supper, a bunch of us were hanging out at the learning lounge playing all kind of gamesss!!! It was a really fun time with the other leaders! There were ppl playing munckin foo,this game called rummy i tink and POKER!!!!!!!We all played till abt 2 plus into the morning!
The next day joyce talk abt leaders of true character..after that broke into grps ..mine was of guys of under the age of 24 and we had this very INTERESTING Discussion with Adriel abt certain issues that cld be implemented in YM in the future...after that ate lunch and went our separate ways!This retreat really got me to know more of the ym leaders better,especially Reynard where we talk quite abit after finding out he was from campus crusade too,also got to know Ernest,darren,david,zhou hao a little more from the conversations we had over lunch or dinner. Although i was like listening most of the time instead of talking..bcoz everyone was talkin abt ARMY! or POLICE! ...and sometimes i feel its harder for me to strike conversations with the older ppl...Well.. BUT IT FEELS GOOD TO BE
YOUNGEST still though!heh!

(this was the first icebreaker game we played..it was really an interesting sight to see all this leaders behaving so wildly and not acting their age!heh! ...matthew,chieh ming and eugene had to do forfeit!!!)

(matthew suppose to do a ballerina,chiehming somehow doing the same..Eugene during a SUMO taunt)

(Slept in this wonderful JUNGLE ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...soo coool rite!)


(This was what i sketch out from the 3 impression i got from Reynard,Darren and Ernest after they prayed for me.the top left Reynard told me he saw me ploughing in the field, Den darren said a similar thing,he said he saw a field then a road like those gravel path...and me walking up and down this path..and Ernest saw me on top of a building overlooking.... i tried to interpret them and i shared what i thought it cld possibly mean...first i guess the ploughing in the field cld mean how i was like working in so many ministries in crusade,church and with my sch major project 2 now at the same time...and how i may have been like going up and down not really having any real direction yet and i have a fear of over committing to so many ministries now...and the one abt me overlooking on top of the building..cld mean...mhmmm... being head of x-trainers in the future?oh gosh! i dunno...better not anyhow say...bcoz only just recently and on that day..isaac was telling me abt me heading X-trainers in the future after Sen stepping down next yr,and for quite long oready i know Isaac and me were like the ones suppose to head X-trainers in the future..but it seems sooo soon rite now! I like join X-trainers onli last yr? so theres all this doubts still...although i always thought Isaac will make a better head for x-trainers.oh well...i will keep this in pray still....)

(the Rummy game i played with Reynard,Eugene and kexin..quite a thinking game....)

(POKER!!!!! Played with Chieh ming,Zhou hao,David,Isaac,Darren and Ernest(the police)joining us later...heh...IT WAS SOOO FUN! Although we just use chips!It seem like the real thing! There was this once...Chieh ming ,isaac and me were so confident of out playing each other that we nearly put all our chips in! I had a full house! so though i wld win! Until..We revealed our cards and CHIEH MING HAD 4 of a kind!!!! HOW RARE IS THAT! So he beat us both who had full hse too!!! Isaac was bankrupt soon after ....and me almost broke.... but got all my chips back soon after.....but that chieh ming was like the gambling pro lor! he once had a straight flash!!!!....and he kept winning us all with this snicky smile!!!!Such an addictive gameeee!)

No comments: